Help Fast Please!!! Sage Green Icing

Decorating By satgirlga Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 7:53pm by satgirlga

satgirlga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satgirlga Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 9

I am needing to make sage green icing for a cake that i have to deliver in 3 hrs. I need help quick! I have wilton colors. thanks!

8 replies
sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 9

I've used a wilton moss green, very lightly and it was sort of sage.

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 9

Came upon this by accident one day.. make a Very light chocolate frosting and add light blue color to it. Try a small amt at a time until u get the correct color. GL!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 9

I was just going to ask the same thing as I need this color for a cake next week. I have wilton and americolor.

VickiG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiG Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 9

One of cake I made was a sort of marbled chocolate and green and it ended up looking a bit sage colored. So the chocolate idea sounds like good advice.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 9

Do you have the Juniper green by Wilton? That's kind of sage-y if you use it sparingly. It comes in one of the sets of 4 colors but I think you can buy it separately as well.

projectqueen Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 9

Another thought, I just pulled up a coloring chart and it says to make moss green you can mix 2 drops Violet + 3 drops Lemon Yellow. Maybe you can try making moss and adjust accordingly for sage?

projectqueen Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 9

Another thought, I just pulled up a coloring chart and it says to make moss green you can mix 2 drops Violet + 3 drops Lemon Yellow. Maybe you can try making moss and adjust accordingly for sage?

satgirlga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satgirlga Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for all of the friendly tips! I ended up using a little bit of Wilton's Kelly green and adding little amounts of brown to it until it got to the color I needed. thanks again for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%