Anyone Interested In A Chocolate Transfer Tutorial?

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm by dandelion56602

Danielle1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle1218 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:02am
post #91 of 101

OK....I am new to this whole chocolate transfer thing, so I am a little confused. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Is chocolate transfer done by using the candy melts you would use to make homemade candy? I assume this is sort of like frozen buttercream transfer, except that you are using candy melts?? Have I got the right idea?? I have never done a FBCT either. WHen I need to do a transfer, I tape the picture to my kitchen window, tape a piece of parchment paper over that, trace with a piping bag with lightly tinted piping gel. Then I lay the parchment paper on my frosted cake and fill in with colored buttercream.

What is the easiest way to do this?? I am starting to think my way is old-school (like what you learn in Wilton Course 1 with the rainbow cake).

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:17am
post #92 of 101

yes, please...

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:32am
post #93 of 101

Danielle1218, yes it's the same technique as FBCT, RI or color flow. Unfortunately, a LOT of info was lost in the crash.

For your cake transfers, something that I prefer to do is print it off, place on some foam & poke w/ a toothpick or one of my sculpting tools then lay it on the cake & gently rub it. You get an outline w/ out having to use gel. I hate that method.

As for CTs I like to heat my chocolate in a baby food jar (on 50%). And I like to roll my own bags out of cellophane. You can make them small & w/ a teeny opening. Another thing I do is pipe onto cellophane w/ the picture underneath. I tape my pic onto a glass cutting board so I can pop it into the fridge for a couple of min between colors & don't have to wait a lifetime for it to set. Another tip is use a heating pad on low to keep your bags of chocolate flowing. HTH

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:52am
post #94 of 101

maybe this tutorial can be used in chocotransfer...

link: http://sdbytracy.com/frozbutter1.jpg

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:09am
post #95 of 101

Yes please post it, I am not sure if I have A.D.D or what but by someone explaining how to do it in plain text losese me if you can do a tutorial with pictures..i woudl be soooo grateful!!!!!!!!!!!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:21am
post #96 of 101

Thank you maimai16 for the FBCT link, I think the chocolate transfer could be very similar to this icon_wink.gif

Danielle1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle1218 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:06am
post #97 of 101

Thank you Dandelion56602!!!

I appreciate you clearing that up. I am a school teacher with the summer off.....so I think that gives me lots of time to practice.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:02am
post #98 of 101

I don't think it ever happened. icon_sad.gif I can't find it on this site. The sites that other posts have share are really good, but it would be nice to have one on CC.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:21pm
post #99 of 101

save

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #100 of 101

I would love to have the tutorial. Please send me to [email protected] icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #101 of 101

One tip, don't hold up your ct to the light like the link above does with the buttercream transfer or it'll run off your paper. (you never know what people will do). While piping just kinda push the chocolate w/ the tip of the bag & it'll take out the air bubbles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%