Ummm....guess What I Got!

Decorating By twinsline7 Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 1:42am by twinsline7

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 46

My grandmother just came over and brought me a chefs jacket and hat....wth am I suppose to do with this....is this funny?

She got a great deal on it at a garage sale ( paid a dollar each) ....she said that the woman was talking about culinary school blah blah ...but she thinks I should save it for my bakery!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

my husband thinks its cute! .....do you guys wear this too???

45 replies
shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 46

I think it's cute! She thinks of you as a chef/baker/cake decorator, and just wants you to dress the part! I would take it as a compliment! Me?...I wear the clothes I wouldn't wear out when i baking and decorating, 'cause I make a BIG mess on my clothes! I need to learn to wear an apron!...I ALWAYS have cornstarch and powdered sugar all over me! A chef's jacket would at least HIDE the white powder I always have on me!...lol

amberele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberele Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 46

That is very neat!! If you didn't want to wear it.. I've seen them hung up as decor with cute sayings on them! As for me... I don't think an apron would cover the mess I make! I am with shortNsweet, I am not a clean baker!

twinsline7 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberele

That is very neat!! If you didn't want to wear it.. I've seen them hung up as decor with cute sayings on them! !

OMG what an adorable idea!!! But maybe once I wear it a while I can start to feel "real"...instead of a home baker! thumbs_up.gif...or at least get others to take me as REAL!!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

My grandmother just came over and brought me a chefs jacket and hat....wth am I suppose to do with this....is this funny?

She got a great deal on it at a garage sale ( paid a dollar each) ....she said that the woman was talking about culinary school blah blah ...but she thinks I should save it for my bakery!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

my husband thinks its cute! .....do you guys wear this too???

Ummmmmmm a dollar each! THAT'S A WHOPPER OF A DEAL.$$$$$$$$
Not sure what to say. Aren't grandma's sweet icon_rolleyes.gif

spottydog Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 46

I think you should use it as decor........

Hmmmmmmm, cute sayings. Is that possible with you coming up with them? Just kidding. It will be like framing your 1st dollar. Get it Get it??

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 46

OMG spotty you crack me up --wisdom must come with age!!

McDuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McDuff Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 46

The jacket is cool.... ware it. It would be my luck to have the hat fall off onto a just finished cake.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:39pm
post #9 of 46

trust me it will save your clothes. i used to use one in school. it really is a good thing to have. if you are home you can put it on with nothing under it...its hot otherwise.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:41pm
post #10 of 46

I think you should wear it I would love to have one with the Food Network Patch on it (thats kind of my Dream icon_wink.gif

Molly2 icon_biggrin.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:43pm
post #11 of 46

Well, the idea of using the jacket and hat as decor is funny. I can see using the jacket, it helps keep your "street" clothes spot free, but the hat could probe a menace. Yeah, decor is the way to go. What a wonderful complement from your family.

Dana0323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana0323 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:49pm
post #12 of 46

Be sure to have your jacket monogrammed with your name or "Chef Twinsline" !

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:54pm
post #13 of 46

I have tons of them from my several restaurant positions. I wear them to deliver sometimes.

spottydog Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 11:59pm
post #14 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

it helps keep your "street" clothes spot free, but the hat could probe a menace.

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

Hmmmm I am thinking I should leave this one alone, what do ya think Twinsy??? icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Ah it's killing me! !!! tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

twinsline7 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:49am
post #15 of 46

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif ....wear it without anything undereath??/ yes...my husband would think its quite hott too! icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

spotty.....if you leave it Im gonna take it.....so I guess it comes down to.... who's the bigger "menace"??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:10am
post #16 of 46

I immediately thought of the "not wear anything underneath" thing, but because grandma bought it, I just couldn't go there (plus I don't know ya very well). But I have to say that I personally would have to show my husband that it could go beyond "cute"!!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

I think it is a cool thing to have and I really like the idea of hanging it up somewhere!!!

Bake on!!!

-Michelle

NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:20am
post #17 of 46

Twinsy, a swear no matter where you start a post it always ends up in the naughty room!! icon_eek.gif

twinsline7 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 10:46pm
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Twinsy, a swear no matter where you start a post it always ends up in the naughty room!! icon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ......ummm nnew....its them!!! They instigate me!

Im merely a victim of circumstance icon_twisted.gificon_confused.gif

spottydog Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 1:02am
post #19 of 46
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ......ummm nnew....its them!!! They instigate me!

Im merely a victim of circumstance icon_twisted.gificon_confused.gif

Oh you poor poor girl......is that what you do ....."play the Victim"

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif poor poor Twinsy icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I am still refraining from the street clothes comment!
>>>>>biting tounge<<<<<<

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:56am
post #20 of 46
Quote:

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif ....wear it without anything undereath??/ yes...my husband would think its quite hott too! icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

Are you looking for child #6?! Save the hat in a drawer but use the coat!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:04am
post #21 of 46

Zamode - where in the heck have you been?

Zamode Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:08am
post #22 of 46

Hi Kim icon_smile.gif Working on gingerbread and taking a bit of a break from cake. I don't have too much time for the site, especially with the holidays coming. I have to make myself available now and then for a wise@$$ remark. icon_lol.gif

Also to check to see if Denise still has Matty thumbs_up.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:09am
post #23 of 46

I don't think she is giving him up any time soon. icon_lol.gif It is good to see you around tonight.

Zamode Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:21am
post #24 of 46

Thank you kindly, madame! Image

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 6:36am
post #25 of 46

Well you could be silly like me, when I start to bake I put on a shower cap to make sure my long hair doesnt get on my food, and I do that befor getting dressed so as not to have hair on my clothes that might get in the food.... cleanliness makes or breaks any kind of cooking. thumbs_up.gif

spottydog Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:39am
post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn

when I start to bake I put on a shower cap to make sure my long hair doesnt get on my food

Oh that sounds SEXY for twinsy icon_confused.gif She could wear one with her new coat or even better her streetwalker clothes,,,,,oh I mean "street clothes"

I crack myself up! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:42am
post #27 of 46
Quote:
Quote:

Oh that sounds SEXY for twinsy icon_confused.gif She could wear one with her new coat or even better her streetwalker clothes,,,,,oh I mean "street clothes"

OMG...hahahahhahahahahhahahahahah....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahha deeeeeeeannnnng!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

spottydog Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:46am
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

Quote:
Quote:

OMG...hahahahhahahahahhahahahahah....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahha deeeeeeeannnnng!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Yeah I am quite the joker today..... icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif
Too bad she's not around......

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:47am
post #29 of 46

Oh she's around when you least expect her... shhh.gif

spottydog Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:48am
post #30 of 46

You wouldn't be implying...................

INCOGNITO? detective.gif

Or even....................

EYE SPY? madhatter.gificon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%