Wilton Disposables.....

Decorating By sweetviolent Updated 13 Nov 2006 , 3:11am by sweetviolent

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 15

has anyone had any troubles with the wilton disposable icing bags????
I just bought a box with my coupon and three of them burst at the seems icon_sad.gif

anyone had this happen-is it just this batch ????

14 replies
jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 15

I had a couple split on me awhile back... i just figured that my icing was too stiff and i was squeezing too hard! icon_biggrin.gif

cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 15

I've had that happen, but not recently. I bought the big box on sale several months ago, and about every other one burst at the seam. Good thing the box was half off, or I would have been really mad. LOL

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 15

many people have complained about the wilton bags. i bought ateco bags that work fine. i bought a box of 200. i still have over 100 of them i think. i have also had these from about 2000. thats 6 years. icon_smile.gif and counting.

sweetviolent Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 15

wow -it is really disapointing- i thought i was saving some money

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 15

i have had trouble with their plastic bags and lately with their parchment bags. Sometimes They burst before I actually ice anything. Just from squeezing the air bubble out!! IT IS FRUSTRATING!! YOu can tell when me or an employee are using them because you here a smal @@?**! under our breaths. I only use them when there is a color we need just a little detail instead of dirtying a poly bag

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 1:54am
post #7 of 15

I use these all the time and haven't had a problem. *knock on wood* I'd say maybe it was a bad batch. If you keep having problems with them contact Wilton and let them know about it.

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:00am
post #8 of 15

I've had a couple of the split on me over the years - haven't thought much of it though because it was only a few. If it continues with the box you purchased I would contact Wilton and ask for a replacement box.

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:06am
post #9 of 15

I use them all the time and never have a problem. I have heard (and noticed) that the smaller the quantity you buy, the thicker the bags are. So a box of 12 are thicker plastic than the box of 100's. Guess they gotta make a buck somewhere.

I just bought a box of 50 and hoping I don't have any problems!

craftermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftermom Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:07am
post #10 of 15

I opened a brand new box a couple of weeks ago and have had several split at the top in the seam even before I put a coupler in! Rather irritating! Even at 50% off, these are not cheap!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:07am
post #11 of 15

I've used these bags since I started decorating, I never cared much for trying the reuseable bags but I did buy one for the large icer tip and haven't used it yet lol.

I've never had any problems with them splitting down the seams but I have had problems with small holes appearing out of the blue around the coupler which is probably just me squeezing too hard lol

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:17am
post #12 of 15

The disposable bags are all I use.....and reuse....I even run them thru the diswasher (top rack) and haven't had one problem with them. I would contact Wilton....they may refund your purchase or send you a merchandise coupon.

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:28am
post #13 of 15

I use them on occasion but usually for the large tips. I've had a few burst on me, but I'm thinking I was squeezing too hard...I would definitely contact wilton because they are not cheap....they may replace your box and give you coupons for other wilton products. Never know. I'm sure you are not the first person to report this.....

Good luck...

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:28am
post #14 of 15

Wow! I've never had a single problem with these bags. I am glad to hear that I can put them in the top rack of my dishwasher. I was and re-use them, but it takes a few washes to get them clean. I suggest contacting Wilton.

sweetviolent Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:11am
post #15 of 15

i sent them a note- it cant hurt. I would expect that they would be a bad batch !! we'll see what happens!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%