Need Answers Please

Baking By yummy Updated 12 Nov 2006 , 4:49pm by antonia74

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 1:39am
post #1 of 9

When following the nfsc recipe,what is the texture suppose to be crunchy, chewy or soft?

Has anyone every added luster dust to mmf let it dry, then place on right out of the oven cookies? Will have an effect on the metallic finish that the luster dust is suppose to give?

Anyone know of a good site for all musical instrument cutters, cookie stencils?

8 replies
cevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cevans Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 1:46am
post #2 of 9

This site has a lot of cookie cutters, I am sure they would have musical instrument cutters.
www.cookiecutter.com
I am not sure about your other question.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 1:55am
post #3 of 9

I love that site.......can't help you either

but here's a bump for ya.

reneemw3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reneemw3 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 1:57am
post #4 of 9

not an expert at all, but when I made the nfsc they were on the harder side. Not chewy at all, but not brick hard either. I only tried once. I will watch this post also to see what others have experienced.

Not sure about the cookie cutters. Good luck

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:03am
post #5 of 9

we think they are soft. we bake for 9-11 minutes, and take them out just before the bottoms turn brown. If they are ever too hard, try putting a slice of bread in the container overnight. It'll soften them up some. HTH

no idea on the other two icon_smile.gif

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 5:47am
post #6 of 9

my nfsc turn out rather soft but not falling apart, even though they are soft they hold together great..thats what i have used of cookie bouquets. I do however cut mine rather thick so that would make a diff in the texture...i have noticed that the thinned the cookie the more crunch it has. and i also bake mine until they are just done..just barely golden on the edges.

hth

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 9

When I make the NFSC(which I love) the first day they are crunchy when cool.
The next day they get soft, but that usually happens with most of my other cookies. I have no idea why, maybe my house is full of humidity. I don't live in warm climate, so that would be my only guess.

I think this is why I love Antonia's icing, it gives that soft bite that goes just perfect with the texture of the cookie after it has been iced.

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:51pm
post #8 of 9

Well about the cookie I agree with the rest it is on the harder side but not to the degree you take a bite and it crumbles or falls apart.
AS for the cookie cutter if you can't find what you are looking for you can make your own.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49118.html
check this out, she did an excellent job explaining it.
HTH

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 9

i bake my larger cookies (4" or 5") at 320 degrees for 20 minutes. I like the oven low and slow, the cookies just start to turn colour at the end. The cookies aren't soft and not too hard...like shortbread really. That's the perfect consistency for the icing to go on top.

Haven't tried fondant on warm cookies, but i will experiment over the holidays for sure! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%