To Cake Or Not To Cake???

Decorating By keyshia Updated 13 Sep 2007 , 6:16pm by Antylucifer

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, so I know...when do we EVER need a reason to bake right? icon_smile.gif My husband found out today that he made the next rank (he's active duty). His supervisor suggested that he should tell me to make him a cake and bring it up there so they can all celebrate (which he did...kind of makes me think he is in agreement)...but then he goes on to say maybe we should have a BBQ or something to celebrate. I don't want to beat a dead horse because more than likely, the people from his job would be at our BBQ. The question is this, Do I make him a cake to celebrate (maybe something small just for his office), or do I jump on the BBQ planning and get that together? Additionally, his birthday is the 11th of Oct. So...I'm thinking of making a cake for the promotion, as well as a helmet cake to celebrate him turning 30...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance (as usual...me and my crazy questions!).

Keyshia

6 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 7

I think I would incorporate it all...and go all out for the BBQ icon_biggrin.gif ... What fun, a celebration for a higher ranking husband AND a end of the year birthday BBQ! Also......think of how he would feel that you threw this all together for him icon_biggrin.gif ...

Kudos to you and yours icon_smile.gif

Christi

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Congrats on your hubbys new rank!! I can remember how exciting that was. (hubby retired 7 yrs ago). Anyway, With his bday coming along with the promotion. I would incorporate the BBQ along with the bday and promotion all together. I like the idea of the helmet, those are cool. I can't wait to see the pics you post. But wanted to add our congrats to you all. Have fun!!! icon_biggrin.gif

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 6:28am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for the advice. icon_smile.gif I think it would be different if the people at his job weren't going to be invited to the bbq?! But since he will be inviting them all, might as well have it that way. icon_smile.gif I have NO clue hwo to do the helmet, maybe I'll practice on a smaller one to try it out?! icon_wink.gif I'm SO excited, he really deserves this stripe. This was his 3rd time testing, and each year he's missed it by a very small amount (last year because of changes for the number of people they were promoting!). I'm proud of him! icon_smile.gif

Okay, sorry to ramble...just that wifely pride coming thru! icon_smile.gif

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 6:48am
post #5 of 7

My dh made rank earlier this year and because also his bday was right around the corner aswell I kinda did two parties.

At the time I wasnt into cake baking, but on the day of his promotion ceremony I had a cake made with his new stripes on their and decorated his office without him knowing which was really good when he saw it, Then not too long after we also had his 30th bday party/celebrate promotion party. Where I only had his bday cake there. Unlike you though his work mates weren't invited to his bday party, thus the reason for two celebrations.

I would go ahead with the bbq party and have banners of congratulations and happy bday there and maybe doing two cakes one for his bday and one for his promotion. If you didnt want to have two cakes at his party then you can always send your dh to work with his promotion cake.

Congratulations. usaribbon.gif

Rach

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:22am
post #6 of 7

I think you should celebrate his promotion as well as his bday for sure. Our military deserve all the praise and thanks we can give them usaribbon.gif usaribbon.gif usaribbon.gif K'ly

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:16pm
post #7 of 7

Congrats on your husband's promotion-it's always so gratifying to earn your way up the ranks. Could you maybe do a small cake for work and another for his birthday so everyone can celebrate both occasions? Maybe for work something that looks like his new rank patch will look and for his birthday the helmet announcing his new rank before his name? Such as-Happy B'day Chief (insert name here) or Happy B'day First Shirt/Shirt (insert name here) or Happy Birthday Sarge (insert name here).....does that make any sense?

It just seems to me the military doesn't get enough recognition, so acknowleging his promotion more than once would certainly be more than appropriate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%