So What Are You Making For Halloween!!??

Decorating By Charmed Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 12:45am by Nikki_B

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 43

I just love halloween!!! Do you have any plans for your Halloween Cakes??

42 replies
vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 43

I am sooooooo making the cake that was on charm city cakes last week. It was a guys head with the brains exposed (brains in a guys head? go fiqure) with two little monsters eating the brains!

Val

mommy2landonmason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2landonmason Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 43

I saw that one. That was something else. In their words, 'it was disturbing'. icon_biggrin.gif I would like to see your finished cake! good luck

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I just love halloween!!! Do you have any plans for your Halloween Cakes??

Im making a cake for my hair dressers little girl, she wants it to be a tomb stone that oozzes , not really figured it out yet but im working on it i think i will put some worms and bugs inside the cake too,

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 43

I'm hoping to do an anniversary cake for Halloween this year. Any ideas?

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 43

I bought the standup House pan by Wilton - I'm planning to bake a number of them and have my nieces and nephews and some fo their friends over to decorate them. I bought little ghost cookie cutter too. Hopefully I'll still have a kitchen at the end of the day!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 43

Cookies of course, I haven't decided what shapes. My oldest wants the broom cake from the current wilton yearbook with the cupcakes. I don't know what my youngest wants for home (he gets to pick that since he isn't in school or anything).

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 43

vrmcc1-I just bought a brain mold at Walmart (Great minds think alike icon_biggrin.gif ) They also had other shapes like a heart and eye. I'm also thinking of doing the 5 little pumpkins on a gate for my son's preschool.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:06pm
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggysmack

I'm hoping to do an anniversary cake for Halloween this year. Any ideas?

What if you made a cake w/ bride and groom *Muertos on top? ( * the skeletons that are dressed).
LL

mbelgard Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:25pm
post #10 of 43

Forgot that I'm making mummy pretzels too, I bought the candy kit and my kids LOVE molded pretzel sticks.

ChristineJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineJ Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 11:28pm
post #11 of 43

I'm making cookies for all of the Grandkids. I found some real good stencils and impressions, all halloween, so I think I will try out my new airbrush on them. icon_biggrin.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 11:36pm
post #12 of 43

Uh...Christmas cookies, hot cocoa, and homemade ornaments.

We don't celebrate Halloween (I mean, at all), so instead my kids and I have an annual Early Christmas Craft day, complete with holiday music. We love it!

We also lock the door, turn out the porch light, and hide and laugh when the trick or treaters drive down our street. It's mean, but ya gotta have some fun out here in the sticks, lol. icon_cool.gif

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 11:39pm
post #13 of 43

I want to try the bust mummy, someone from CC did it and it's SO COOL. But does anyone have a picture of the Charm City cake with the brains getting eaten that VRMCC1 is doing?? Sounds so nasty but fun!!!

andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 11:40pm
post #14 of 43

last year i made the creepy cauldron that is in my pics, this year i want to try to carve a skull or something ... my DH loves Jack Skellington. for the office i am taking spooky cookies.. and sending some cupcakes for my daughters class.

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 11:55pm
post #15 of 43

I'm making the meringue bone cookies that I made last year. I already have orders for them.

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:24am
post #16 of 43

Oh - I think I might try my hand at some meringue bones - those are so cute cncgirl00 And I read some great caramel apple tips on another forum so I might make some of them too....too many options!!

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:46am
post #17 of 43

Great Muertos Lynda-Bob they look pretty cool that would make a good costume too.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 2:05am
post #18 of 43

My aunt always cuts out things she sees in her local paper (Largo, Florida) or a magazine and mails them to me. Today I got a cutout from a Harry and David catalog. These are cute Halloween/Fall cookies:

http://www.harryanddavid.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BECProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&categoryId=78&category=TC15&productId=62529&topCat=Desserts+%26+Bakery&subCat=Cookies

I haven't looked close at the Christmas cookies, but they look cute just from the little picture.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:03am
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggysmack

Great Muertos Lynda-Bob they look pretty cool that would make a good costume too.

Giggysmack, I didn't make those. They are just from a website I found. I'd like to make something like that for my DD Birthday on Nov. 5, but unfortunately she wants a Halloween themed party. I love Halloween but I feel like her B-day is just a little to late for that theme and a "Dia de los Muertos" would be cooler. I even have a cake in my head that I want to make but I can't get her to agree, darn it icon_lol.gif
Also, my DD has dressed up as a muerto and I plan on changing my avatar when we get closer to the holiday. You'll get to see my handi-work on my little live Muerto icon_razz.gif

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:40am
post #20 of 43

If you guys want to see some cool but gory cakes you've got to go to theyrecoming.com (sorry don't know how to link) It's a site by two sisters who review horror movies but one of them must do cakes. They are gory and they give instructions.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:17am
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Forgot that I'm making mummy pretzels too, I bought the candy kit and my kids LOVE molded pretzel sticks.

I give. What are mummy pretzels? icon_redface.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:18am
post #22 of 43

Thanks, vonnie99. Everyone seems to love those little bones. They are pretty easy to make and DH says that they taste just like the marshmallows that are in the Lucky Charms cereal.

mbelgard Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:39pm
post #23 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydukes

Quote:

I give. What are mummy pretzels? icon_redface.gif

The pretzel stick molds, the mega candy pack from wilton has mummy pretzel molds and my kids are already asking when I'm going to make them, we have a couple other pretzel molds and they LOVE them. Molding candy's easy too so they can help. icon_lol.gif We're waiting for the pumpkin pretzel mold to come, wilton messed up on the pack and the pretzel mold was supposed to have 2 designs but had only one so they're sending out one with just pumkins. Here's the picture:http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=2F9AAA86-423B-522D-FCA19F51C72D697F&fid=2F9AAA95-423B-522D-F748A953A28B608A

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 2:14pm
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbo

If you guys want to see some cool but gory cakes you've got to go to theyrecoming.com (sorry don't know how to link) It's a site by two sisters who review horror movies but one of them must do cakes. They are gory and they give instructions.

Wow! icon_eek.gif I checked out www.theyrecoming.com and those cakes are horrid and fabulous at the same time! icon_lol.gif She really does awesome work.

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 2:35pm
post #25 of 43

CNCGirl00........would you share your meringue recipe? How did you shape them?

TIA

cncgirl00 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 4:32pm
post #26 of 43

Here is the recipe that I use:
3 large egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/8 tsp. salt
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 200 deg. F. Line cookie sheet with brown paper bag or parchment. In a medium sized bowl at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Add vanilla. Place in pastry bag fitted with a medium plain piping tip. Pipe 3" bone shapes onto the parchment or brown paper bag. Bake 1 hour until set. Turn oven off, dry in oven 1 hour. Makes 4-5 dozen bones.

The merinque swirls in my photos were made with this recipe. Just a different tip and I added food coloring when I added the vanilla.

HTH,
Valerie

countrykittie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrykittie Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 12:56am
post #27 of 43

My sister LOVES Halloween, and I got inspired from some cakes I saw here at CC. I have a doll form that I covered in black fondant and made a witches hat for already. I will make some black BC for her dress (I don't do fondant very well icon_redface.gif ) and maybe make a witches cauldron as well. I was also thinking about having a kids Halloween party for my daughter and a few of her friends. I was thinking of maybe cupcakes (but not scary ones though)...

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:08am
post #28 of 43

This year I'm making tracks for Halloween. There is a big Halloween parade in Greenwich Village, NYC, which some friends are in, and I am going there to throw candy at them as they ride by.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:01am
post #29 of 43
Quote:

The pretzel stick molds, the mega candy pack from wilton has mummy pretzel molds and my kids are already asking when I'm going to make them, we have a couple other pretzel molds and they LOVE them.

Cute! I thought it was something like this but with pretzels.
http://pie.midco.net/grammalowe2/cookie1.html#cookie5

I've always wanted to make the witch finger cookies. I think I'm gonna this year; the kiddoes are a little older and I think they'll like them. There are lots of great recipes on this site.

Freaky Witches' Fingers
http://www.britta.com/HW/HWr.html

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:34am
post #30 of 43

I just love the holidays, all of them! Was planning on making cupcakes to send to school but now I might have to rethink that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%