You're Gonna Think I'm Crazy

Decorating By jstritt Updated 26 Jan 2007 , 7:27pm by OhMyGoodies

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:18am
post #1 of 19

I got a new KA today, and I'm afraid to use it! It's so pretty and shiny, and I don't want to get it dirty or mess it up. It is a 5qt. professional, and my other one is an old classic 4.5 qt. The new one is just so pretty, and Soooo much bigger than the other one.

18 replies
kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:24am
post #2 of 19

nope i dont think you are crazy... i know the feeling too of not wanting to use a new ka mixer.....but eventually you have to cave. icon_wink.gif

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:05am
post #3 of 19

took me a few weeks to use mine! too darn pretty, almost set up a shrine, lol

fyi - they clean up just as pretty after use! my big ka news - got my second bowl today!

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:11am
post #4 of 19

Yep! It's a fact...You ARE crazy!

Just teasin' ya! I did the exact same thing. It's like getting a new car, isn't it??

Congrats!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:21am
post #5 of 19

haha.....I never appreciated what I was given (my KA professional 6 qt was a wedding gift)....it sat pretty much unused for like a whole year or so (but it wasnt cause I was loving it)! Now I wonder what I would do without it!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:32am
post #6 of 19

mkerton, my mom bought me a KA for my bridal shower. I acted like it was awesome but I was really thinking "what am I going to do with this thing" It took me a LONG time to use it (way over a year) now I can't go a week with out it being used and I swear the poor girls motor is going to burn out from me using it so much icon_lol.gif I love my KA!

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:32am
post #7 of 19

icon_surprised.gif Shoot-a-mighty, Y'all!

You're not crazy. I talk to mine, and she has a name!

I talk to her as I bathe her...my DH is calling the health professionals to have me carted off!

I feel your angst over getting her "dirty."

Just talk to her as you bathe her, though. It seems to help...

--Knox--

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:36am
post #8 of 19

LOL you guys are cracking me up.....glad to hear I am not alone! Yeah my Mom also bought me mine (she had an ulterior motive wanted me to take over making her cinn rolls--but nope mine are not as good as hers).......my Mom is just happy I am finally using it!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:53am
post #9 of 19

I talk to my KA too! my kids even like to wipe her down with a cloth, my DH says I'm making them as crazy as me. Mine is the almond color since my mom liked the color and she bought it for me. I really want to add another one in a color I could choose, like black or some funky color, but it has to look good with my almond one since it will be her mate for life. icon_razz.gif

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:56am
post #10 of 19

I just got a classic one on Monday and havent used it yet. Afraid I might break it. (probably wont) but just scared. And I want the first thing I make in there to be the best. Thinking of cheese cake. YMMMMMM

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:11am
post #11 of 19

I hear you but there is nothing more satisfying than watching powdered sugar swirl up in that shiny silver bowl or seeing cake batter as it splashes around. When I am done with a project, I look over at my splattered KA, which looks no worse than my kitchen, or ME for that matter, and I feel proud. I know we did something good together.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:18am
post #12 of 19

I'm dying laughing reading this....as I thought I was the only one to talk to my KA (her name is Beth) while cleaning her up! I was horrified tonight when I pulled her cover off to discover my daughter (age 16) had used her and NOT cleaned her off before storing her! OMG!

WE'RE ALL CRAZY....CRAZY IN LOVE WITH OUR KA'S!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:35am
post #13 of 19

It may be taking things a bit far giving your KA a name . . . with mine, I certainly wouldn't go as far as to name her . . . uh, I mean IT! icon_lol.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:33pm
post #14 of 19

I think I have you all beat. I sent out birth announcements via e-mail for mine (her name is Mixxy)!!! icon_lol.gif

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:54pm
post #15 of 19

I totally understand. 3 years ago my DH bought me my first KA, a artisan, and paid WAYYY to much for him, poor guy doesnt know a good deal when it bites him. Anyway, Black Beauty and I are in love, I buff her like a car. place of honor on my otherwise barren counters.

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:08pm
post #16 of 19

Oh how I long to have a KA so I can create that bond! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_razz.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 6:14pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini

I think I have you all beat. I sent out birth announcements via e-mail for mine (her name is Mixxy)!!! icon_lol.gif

thats a great name. not too sure about the emial though. icon_smile.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:15pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini

thats a great name. not too sure about the emial though. icon_smile.gif

I know it was a bit much,but I was really excited.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:27pm
post #19 of 19

I could understand if it was a bunch of Cakers that would understand the bond and love and reason for the birth announcement or close friends that understand the love of a KA lol but for some people that wouldn't get it they probably were ready to commit ya icon_wink.gif Congrats all of you on your KA's I'll be settleing for a Cook's mixer in a few weeks it's more watts for the price of the cheapest KA and is higher watts then the most expencive so I'll settle for that and hope one day I can get me a KA lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%