How To Ship Cinnamon Rolls?

Decorating By SweetInspirations Updated 10 Sep 2007 , 12:46am by imagine76

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 9

I want to ship some homemade cinnamon rolls to my Father who is starting radiation and chemo-theopy tomorrow for lung cancer. He loves cinnamon rolls and I just want to send him something to him that he might want to eat....
Any suggestion? They have to travel from Texas to Colorado.
Thanks.

8 replies
imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 9

so sorry to hear about your dad. he does need something yummy like that.

i would suggest either wrapping them really well in plastic wrap or putting them in a plastic container. then into another box with cushion around it. news paper or peanuts or something. that's the best i can think of. i've never tried shipping cinnemon rolls but i mail thumbprint cookies to my best friend half way across the country using this method quite a bit and it works well.

SweetInspirations Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you for your kind reply imagine76 icon_wink.gif
I was kinda thinking along that line too. I think I will send the icing in a seperate container so that they dont get to soggy... What do you think?
Thanks again,

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetInspirations

Thank you for your kind reply imagine76 icon_wink.gif
I was kinda thinking along that line too. I think I will send the icing in a seperate container so that they dont get to soggy... What do you think?
Thanks again,

I was just going to suggest that! The cinnamon rolls should be fine if you do this!

So sorry to hear about your Dad. This should warm his heart and you are soo sweet to do something like this for him!

Don't forget to send it out extra quick to ensure they are fresh! icon_lol.gif

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 9

When my grandmother was going through radiation and chemo, her doctors specifically recommended that we not make her favorite foods for her. They suggested that we make things she liked, but not her favorite things, because people feel so incredibly awful while going through the treatments that most people form aversions to the foods they eat during that time. They didn't want her to hate her favorite things when the treatment was over. Just something to consider.

If you do decide to ship the cinnamon rolls, yes, I think you should send the icing in a separate container.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 9

I don't have a lot of suggestions besides what the others said, except one thing. I always ship 2nd day or at least some type of priority so that I know it will get there in a timely manner.

I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad. My mom had chemo two years ago and I tried to make all of her favorites every chance I would get! I will say a little prayer!

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 9

I don't have any suggestions, just wanted to tell you that I will keep him and the whole family in prayer. Keep your Faith and leave it up to God.
I pray that you hold on to His hand through this rough time.
God Bless you all!!

SweetInspirations Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful prayers and kind words for my Daddy....I lost my Mama 2 years ago from emphysemia. My Dads so drained from energy, I am so worried......

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 12:46am
post #9 of 9

yeah, the cinnemon rolls might get soggy i think you're right.

you'll have a good support system here at cc. we'll say a prayer for your dad and you. stay strong. it must be so hard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%