Martha's Wedding Cake Special!!!!

Decorating By Dreme Updated 8 Nov 2006 , 3:50pm by aobodessa

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:10am
post #1 of 30

HEY IS ANYBODY ELSE WATCHING THIS? IT JUST CAME ON A FEW MINS AGO ON THE "STYLE" CHANEL (162 FOR ME). YOU GIRLS GOTTA SEE THIS!

29 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:14am
post #2 of 30

OOOOHHH OOOOHHHHH!!!!! I get this channel. I just turned it on. It's on a commercial right now! Thank you for mentioning it. I just logged on here so BONUS for me!

Amy

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:16am
post #3 of 30

I am now!.......poor hubby.....I changed his channel LOL

daisyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyblue Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:17am
post #4 of 30

Oooooooh, I'm so glad you told us about it!! I'm multi tasking by being on the computer & watching TV at the same time!! I was watching 'Everybody Loves Raymond' but I love cake shows more!!! Thanks!!

cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:17am
post #5 of 30

Okay, I'm mad! icon_mad.gif It says it's on but some Clean House show is on! What's up with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Amy

cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:19am
post #6 of 30

It says it's supposed to come on at 8 so we'll see if that hold true!

Amy

daisyblue Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:26am
post #7 of 30

Yeah Cakemommy, it'll probably be on at 8:00 where you are. They're making some really pretty things & there are some GREAT tips too!!

bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:31am
post #8 of 30

Okay so I missed the first 30 minutes, some one will have to fill me in.

Thanks to my DH he pointed out that it is being re-ran later tonight 10pm here in CST

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:33am
post #9 of 30

icon_cry.gif I don't get the style channel - I guess I have no style? icon_eek.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:35am
post #10 of 30

Thanks for the info. I am watching it now!!

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:36am
post #11 of 30

OMG! I just saw Ron Beth-Israel. The cake with red sugar paste roses was breathtaking!!! Oh, how I wish I could make flowers like he does. icon_cry.gif Thank you, thank you! I was watching Law & Order while on the computer. I would rather watch cakes any day!!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:36am
post #12 of 30

thanks for the heads up! I don't usually watch that channel and never would have known!

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:41am
post #13 of 30

CRAP! icon_sad.gif

Rachel

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:43am
post #14 of 30

WOW WOW WOW.

You have to see it!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

janicemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicemarie Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:51am
post #15 of 30

THAT LAB WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

formerbuckeye Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:55am
post #16 of 30

Did you see the cake Sylvia Weinstock was making just as they went to commercial? OH WOW!!! icon_eek.gif She does out of this world cakes, but boy, she needs some new glasses! icon_lol.gif

cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:13am
post #17 of 30

I am really hoping the show does really come on again at 8 my time. I'll be watching Dancing With the Stars so I'll have to set the DVR for it. I'll be flipping of course!

I just can't miss my Joey and Mario shakin' their groove thing!

Amy

daisyblue Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:30am
post #18 of 30

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:11am
post #19 of 30

What time for NC? I am not even sure if we get the Style Channel.

Thanks

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:32am
post #20 of 30

I see the info on it it all the time. They replay it here and there but we do not get this channel. Is one of the cakes the one with the heart on top??

val25dejesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val25dejesus Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:44am
post #21 of 30

No joke No joke, No joke!!! If ANYBODY,ANYBODY is taping the show or taped it I will be more then happy and willing to pay for the cost of shipping and taping!!!! I DON"T GET THE STYLE NETWORK! Please PM me. I'm dead serious.

cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:02am
post #22 of 30

Okay so I flipped channels during commercial breaks from Dancing with the Stars! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Sylvia Weinstock cake.....I just want to faint looking at all those gorgeous flowers!!!! I really really REALLY want to know how to do that. I know I can but just need to make the time with my two small boys! HOLY COW!!!!! I am going to watch the whole thing more than once I am sure! Thank you for the reminder!!!

Amy

BearLuvsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BearLuvsCakes Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:08am
post #23 of 30

OMG! What an amazing show! The airbrushed flowers were just gorgeous! I wish I could do that.

cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:33am
post #24 of 30

I'm sitting down to watch it now with my dinner......Corn Chex and banana! How sad is that! This is what I result to when my hubby is out on the boat!

Amy

cakemommy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:58am
post #25 of 30

OMGoodness! The featured Wendy Kromer!!! Have you seen her cakes????? www.wendykromer.com I saw her 7 tier classic cake in Martha's latest wedding magazine and fell in love with it. Many of you on here have probably seen some posts that I have made about Lambeth style decorating! Anyway, Wendy's cake is in that magazine! I email her about that cake a week or so ago. She emailed me back within the hour!!!!!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I like her already!!! I told her that I had just become the proud recipient of Joseph Lambeth's book 1934 edition. She said "You are going to LOVE that book." The next day she emailed me again telling me what I should copy in the book. Recipes and techniques that I will use frequently because it's less wear and tear on the book itself! Go see her cakes and there is a section that features her cakes on the cover of numerous Martha Stewart Weddings magazine!

I am loving this show! Can you tell!

Amy

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:27pm
post #26 of 30

That show was really good. . . I just stumbled on to it! The cakes and tips were great! I'm sure that it will repeat at a later date.
Leslie

formerbuckeye Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:49pm
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemommy

OMGoodness! The featured Wendy Kromer!!! Have you seen her cakes????? www.wendykromer.com I saw her 7 tier classic cake in Martha's latest wedding magazine and fell in love with it. Many of you on here have probably seen some posts that I have made about Lambeth style decorating! Anyway, Wendy's cake is in that magazine! I email her about that cake a week or so ago. She emailed me back within the hour!!!!!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I like her already!!! I told her that I had just become the proud recipient of Joseph Lambeth's book 1934 edition. She said "You are going to LOVE that book." The next day she emailed me again telling me what I should copy in the book. Recipes and techniques that I will use frequently because it's less wear and tear on the book itself! Go see her cakes and there is a section that features her cakes on the cover of numerous Martha Stewart Weddings magazine!

I am loving this show! Can you tell!

I just looked at Wendy's cakes. WOW!!! She does amazing work.

Amy

mrsright41401 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:53pm
post #28 of 30

Amy - can you tell me what she said to copy in the book? I'd REALLY like to know that info!

Rachel

mrsright41401 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:59pm
post #29 of 30

OH - & after thinking that I didn't have the channel, I found it and was able to watch the show! It was fabulous.

The only thing - I got depressed about my lack of ability after watching it. I always question whether I'll ever be that good after watching Sylvia Weinstock and the other really famous cake decorators. Will I ever be good enough to win competitions? You know? Anyway - It's very motivating.

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:50pm
post #30 of 30

I saw this last night, but have seen it before. I agree, Queen Sylvia is the best! Her flowers are incredible! But remember, she has a great staff who work on them with her! If you own one of her books, you know that she really did pay her dues to learn her techniques with some of the top pastry chefs in the world. Lucky, lucky lady! And I LOVE her glasses! Very distinct. The sketch on her delivery van is a wedding cake with those glasses as the topper ... cool!

For those of you who are really into weddings in general, the Style Channel also runs a program called "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" which often shows nice cakes, etc. Not so much a tutorial of how to do them, but you sometimes get to see couples selecting their cakes and the process therein as well as the finished cake at the actual reception. Helps for picking up tips on decorating for the overall affect, etc.

Odessa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%