Fondant Or Icing ?

Decorating By Sandrine Updated 8 Nov 2006 , 11:37am by olana11

Sandrine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandrine Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 3

I am trying to make cookies for my SIL baby shower on Sunday. I made some before but the icing wasn't thin enough, I ended up using a spatula to try to smooth it : didn't come out great ! So I used the Wilton pastel colors and it was great. I was able to decorate, since it was thick, it wasn't runny at all. I used Antonia's icing, I should have read the directions first... I am also afraid that the color won't be great. The ones I did, by the next day, the blue was horrible. Anyway, I didn't try the fondant and I just read that it doesn't taste good : what should I do ? I am in the pressure right now and also, when should I start making them for Sunday ? Is Thursday too early ?
Please let me know what is easier : making my own fondant or decorate with icing ?
Thanks

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:13am
post #2 of 3

Sorry, I haven't tried fondant yet, but I can give you a bump.

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 11:37am
post #3 of 3

I guess it depends on what type of design you are doing on the cookies.... also what you are more comfortable with if you are pressed for time and can't practice right now. I have used MMF on cupcakes then embellished with icing-just use a cutter or drinking glass to cut out the circles...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%