Roses

Decorating By cpr040304 Updated 8 Sep 2007 , 1:55am by heyjude

cpr040304 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cpr040304 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 12:59am
post #1 of 7

I am having such a difficult time in making roses...any ideas please... icon_cry.gif

6 replies
kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:04am
post #2 of 7

What are you trying to make the roses out of? Buttercream, Royal Icing, Gumpaste or Fondant?

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:17am
post #3 of 7

I bet your making buttercram roses? Make a base for your rose on the nail. Then make the inner circle. Three petals around that and then four....Boy that is really hard to explain without being able to show you!

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:28am
post #4 of 7

bump

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:29am
post #5 of 7

If they are buttercream or royal icing, here's a tip -
take your rose nail, turn it upside down with the point up - and stick a gumdrop on it! This provides a stable base for your rose! icon_smile.gif Continue to make your rose like you normally would. Use your scissors to grab ahold of the gumdrop, and place the rose on your cake.
I've told my students, as long as they look like cabbages, you are off to a good start! They, too, take time and practice.
Relax and be patient, it will become second nature.

pinkjessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkjessica Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:46am
post #6 of 7

Go to www.wilton com their is a section where they show a clip on how to make roses, I think you type in "Roses" in the search box

heyjude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjude Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

There are also a TON of videos on youtube.com that show various techniques. It took me forever to get the hang of it, but mine just keep getting better and better and I'm relieved.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%