Egg Shaped Pan??

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 27 Dec 2018 , 7:47pm by kakeladi

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:53am
post #1 of 17

I see in Mrs. Missey's instructions for the turkey shaped cake that it calls for the Wilton egg-shaped pan (the older one with two pieces). I've seen a few of these on ebay. My question is...some of the sellers only have one of the two pieces. Do you really need both, or are they exactly the same, and I could just bake twice if I needed a full Easter egg??

16 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 17

thanks, Jan...I understand...just wondering if both pieces are exactly the same...want to know if I buy only one if I can still make the egg-shaped cake.

anyone?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 17

They are as close to "exactly" the same as they can be.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 17

Yes, you can. I hope it comes with a piece to place the mold on while baking , so it stays put and don't spill.

cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 17

Adding my two cents here..... i didnt have the bigger 3-d egg pan and used the ball pan on top of 1 layer of a 6" round instead for the turkey body. That worked out fine.... i DO think the smaller egg cupcake pan is definitely a good idea for the drumsticks and the wings however, i found that cupcakes with ice cream cones work fine as well.... (the mini eggs were better, though.). HTH thumbs_up.gif

all4cake Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 17

I misplaced my stabilizing rings for mine. I have used large round cookie cutters and wide mouth canning jar lids...bent to form an oval.

Every now and again, I come across the actual rings and look at 'em and think, "what the heck is that?". I put them back where I found them, and a couple of days later, I'll remember what the heck they are but forget where I seen them...I know I've done that at least three times. I still don't know where they are...I'll run across them again and won't know what they are again...pitiful.

Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 17

very funny icon_smile.gif

okay, well this guy on ebay has only one side of the pan, no stabilizing rings, and he wants $5 for it. don't know if it's worth that, plus the shipping.

is there a ball shaped pan that is plain? the only one I see in the stores is the soccer ball. icon_rolleyes.gif

all4cake Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 17

there is a plain ball shaped pan.

i wouldn't consider it a good deal...1/2 a pan and no stabilizers...5 bucks plus shipping? nah...whoa, wait wait wait...if shipping were less than a dollar, maybe.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 9:22pm
post #10 of 17

She mentioned you can also use the football cake pan for this cake. if you get it at michael's you can use a 40% off. You'll have to bake twice...but it's an option.

all4cake Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 9:23pm
post #11 of 17

I just looked on ebay. looks like all the others up for bid are better deals than that one. I pmed you with a link to one...

I just did a search for Wilton egg pan and got plenty to choose from. one ends in about an hour.

HTH

Kate714 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 9:37pm
post #12 of 17

thanks so much! that's helpful.

As far as the football pan...doesn't that one have the design of a football in it? why can't they just make that plain ol' pan !!??

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 10:52pm
post #13 of 17

here is a link on ebay where i bought mine brand new for $9.95 plus $5.15 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320021580196&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

it is in an ebay store so it is harder to find than just a regular auction...it took me awhile to find it. they have 17 available right now for buy it now.

cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 11:29pm
post #14 of 17

my cake decorating store nearby has the 3-d egg pans for $10.99, i think.

or was it the mini-egg pan that was 10.99???
ugh... my brain hurts today...

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 3:17am
post #15 of 17

i checked all my local cake/craft stores, and i believe that the only time they sell the egg pans is in the spring. that is why i checked ebay...anything, anytime.

Mirian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mirian Posted 27 Dec 2018 , 7:39pm
post #16 of 17

Hi, anyone interested in selling a 3d wilton egg shaped pan? I am desperately looking for one and cannot find. Please let me know. Best regards.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Dec 2018 , 7:47pm
post #17 of 17

I wish yo9u lots of luck.   Sold mine off yrs ago :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%