Cake Decorating Magazines

Decorating By suz3 Updated 6 Nov 2006 , 6:32pm by GeminiRJ

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:21am
post #1 of 13

Does anyone subscribe to the American cake decorating magazine? What do you think of it? I really like to work with fondant. Do they use that much? Are there any other cake decorating magazines out there? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:24am
post #2 of 13

There is the Mailbox News, which you can purchase both and save! I think they do a fair share of both fondant and buttercream. I am putting them on my Wish List to Santa! icon_biggrin.gif

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:25am
post #3 of 13

I buy ACD mag from the shop where I buy my baking supplies in Mississippi. I like and have found several ideas and lots of inspiration. I was wondering the same about other magazines out there. I have not seen any but will be interesting to see some other replies to your post.

bj

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:27am
post #4 of 13

I have gotten both thru the mail for over 8 years. Would not stop them for the world. Love them both. JMHO

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:30am
post #5 of 13

I have both too. I love them. I won't stop my subscription. I get lots of ideas from it like I do from CC. Plus I am just a magazine/book freak. I like to look at everyones creations.

suz3 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:31am
post #6 of 13

Thanks for the idea about the wish list for Santa. I've got 5 grandkids and they always want to know what I want. This will be great to get a gift that will last all year.

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 12:38am
post #7 of 13

I also subscribe to both of these magazines. I just started getting Mailbox news, and they seem to have LOTS more cake photos the ACD...but I still love them BOTH!

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 4:57am
post #8 of 13

mailbox news is a must have. All kinds of ideas!

dalechick12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalechick12 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 7:01am
post #9 of 13

been getting ACD for a couple of years and just started getting Mailbox news and love them both. get some great ideas from both and now i'm adding the back issues from mailbox news to my wish list for x-mas

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 1:54pm
post #10 of 13

I get ACD and MBN and love them both!

What about magazines from the UK? I'd love to suscribe to one (or more) of these... Anyone have any info?

Courtney

suz3 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 2:36pm
post #11 of 13

There is a magazine name Cake which I think is from the UK. I saw it the other day at Barnes and Noble.

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 2:45pm
post #12 of 13

I subscribe to Cake Craft and Decoration in the UK. It has projects with ratings from basic to expert so there is something for everyone. It also has a good baking page!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 6:32pm
post #13 of 13

I stopped subsribing to ACD, but have kept up my Mailbox News subscription. There's something about both magazines that I don't likeas much anymore, now that they have both been taken over by a new publishing company. Maybe because they don't show up in the mail as promptly as they used to. For instance, the Jan/Feb issue would show up at the end of December. Now it doesn't show up until mid to late January. This bugs me intenesely! Also, I don't do fondant, and ACD does LOTS of fondant now. I love my back issues of Mailbox News, and browse thru them all the time just to look at the creative cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%