Luster Dust And Maryland

Decorating By jlmaison Updated 17 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm by nadjahs9

jlmaison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlmaison Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 7

HI I live in Canada and was told that you are not about to get Luster Dust here....I will be going to Fort Washington Maryland (my understanding it si close to Virgina) at the end of this month....can anyone tell me a good place to go to get cake supplies or purchase this Luster Dust. Jen

6 replies
christy_ob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christy_ob Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 7

I Googled it and here are some results:

Party Depot Inc - 4.3 miles NW - 6700 Richmond Hwy # 9, Alexandria, VA 22306 - (703) 768-9030

Marlene's Cake & Candy Supplies - 7.7 miles NW - 356 S Pickett St, Alexandria, VA 22304 - (703) 370-3301

Party Depot - 9.3 miles NW - 3513 S Jefferson St, Falls Church, VA 22041 - (703) 894-4200

Cakes N Things - 3338 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD
(301) 843-3664

Cake Decorating & Pastry Supplies -5520 Hempstead Way # B, Springfield, VA
(703) 256-6951

My understanding is that those are all nearby. The miles listed on the top three are the distance from the center of Fort Washington.

HTH.
-Christy

dolphins256 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphins256 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 7

Hi,

I live in Maryland but I live a little over an hour from Virginia so I don't know if I could be much help. I have read on the forum about a store in Glen Burnie, Maryland, which is about 1 hour from Virginia, that is called Kake Kraft Korner. It looks like a lot of professional cake makers in Maryland shop here. If you would like the address let me know and I will try to do a search for it.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 7

Here is a link to creative cutters they are located in Richmond Hill, Ontario
Canada and NY. They sell lots of cake decorating stuff - luster dust too.

http://www.creativecutters.com/CONTACTUS.CFM

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 7

I live in MD but it's on the Eastern Shore... close to one part of virginia (V. Beach area) but far from other parts. I shop at the local craft store called Ben Franklin's for my supplies and they have this there. I can't imagine a company not being willing to ship to Canada if you purchased online... maybe that'd be the route to go so you can get it any time you need it. icon_smile.gif Also might wanna try eBay there are a few people that sell decorating needs that will ship to Canada icon_smile.gif

WebDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WebDiva Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 7

Cakes N Things in Waldorf is very close to Fort Washington. I've never been there, but I've heard decent things about it.

nadjahs9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadjahs9 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 7

There is a great place in Fairfax, VA called Fran's Cakes & Candy Supplies. She doesn't have a website, but if you google it you can find a phone # and directions. I think she closes every day at 6pm, and I don't think she is open on Sundays, so I suggest calling ahead of time to confirm the hours if you plan on heading over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%