Yeah!!! I Am Well, And The Cake Is Complete!

Decorating By shortNsweet Updated 5 Nov 2006 , 12:21pm by BarbaraK

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all!
I was telling you all how I was SO sick all week and had this HUGE cake to make for today ( Saturday). I was sweating it out up until the last possible day I had to start working on this cake! It winds up I didn't have Strep. , but some kind of bacterial infection in my throat...I went on antibiotics, and 3 days later, I got to start my cake, and I was feeling MUCH better! I STILL took precautions, and wore a mask & gloves so I wouldn't spready any possible germs. It took me a LOT longer to make this huge cake,than I thought it would and I'm quite proud of it! It is not my design ( the customer saw it on the web and I did my best to copy it...hope I did it justice!) She hasn't seen it yet, as I haven't delivered it yet. It is fondant, and the bottom is 3 layers of a 12" chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling. The middle tier is yellow cake with a mocha buttercream filling, and the top tier is the same flavor as the bottom tier.
Thanks for ALL your well wishes, and prayers that I get well in time to make this cake! I appreciate it! The cake is posted in the gallery.

5 replies
GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 6

So glad to hear you are feeling better! And the cake looks wonderful!!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 6

Glad you're feeling better. Your cake is beautiful and I'm sure they will love it.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 6

Which one is it in your pics? I love the pink and brown one!

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 6

I absolutely love the colors of your beautiful cake. Glad you recovered in time to do this one !

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 6

Good to know that you are feeling a lot better. Great job on the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%