Help! Fondant Raspberry Filled Cake

Decorating By Kit_Girl Updated 4 Nov 2006 , 5:01pm by melysa

Kit_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kit_Girl Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 5

I have a chocolate cake with raspberry filling (jam) and it has fondant and chocolate buttercream- I know the raspberry needs to be refrigerated but what about the fondant- It says don't refrigerate it. what should I do???

Tracy

4 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 5

if the cake is entirely covered with fondant, could you let it dry a bit then wrap in saran plastic wrap? that way when you remove the cake from the fridge, you could let it come to room temperature before removing the plastic, so any condensation would form on the plastic, not the fondant...so it wouldnt become slimey. i have NOT tried this, but i think i've heard this before on this site. is it mmf or premade? in my experience, mmf gets really slimey, wilton, stayed dry.

Kit_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kit_Girl Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 5

It is MMF. The cake is for a shower tomorrow. Would it be okay if I left it out?? ahh i dont know what to do.

Tracy-The newbie to cake decorating.

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 5

u can put MMF in the fridge...when u take it out let it sit and dont touch it till all the condensation goes away...then it'll be fine

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 5

cakefairy18, how long does it typically take for the mmf to dry out again after removing from the fridge? thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%