Dos= Day Of Sharing In Wichita, Ks???

Decorating By CarolAnn Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 1:24pm by cakesbybert

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 2:52am
post #1 of 61

Okay, I heard there was going to be a Day of Sharing (DOS) in Wichita in October (correct me please if I go that wrong)? That's almost 3 hours drive for me but I'd sure love to try and attend. Who is going?? Come on Kansas, Nebraska and whoever else!

Okay, now someone tell me what a day of sharing is. Please.

Thank you!
Carol

60 replies
rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:18am
post #2 of 61

I haven't heard anything about it, but would love to know more!! Maybe if we keep bumping this up, someone will post an answer!

Ruth

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 61

That would be fun. I wouldn't mind the few hour trip to get there.

rcs Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 61

It does sound like fun! Just haven't been able to find out anything about it!!

CarolAnn Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 2:47am
post #5 of 61

Hippiemama, Where are you in Missouri?

phoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoohbear Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:18am
post #6 of 61

I would love to meet up with fellow CCers. I am in Hutchinson about 1 hr a way. Just name the time and place.
thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:00am
post #7 of 61

Hi Poohbear,
I'm in Richmond, up near Ottawa. I hope we hear something about this soon so we can all make plans. There are crafts festivals going on in October that I hope to go to also. Sure would like to meet some fellow cc'rs! Just thought I'd keep this going by way of a hello to you.

Happy Baking,
Carol

rcs Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:24am
post #8 of 61

I'll try to help you keep it going, too!

FiveAlarmBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FiveAlarmBakery Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:27pm
post #9 of 61

I'm from Kansas City, and would love to know where any type of club, or day of sharing or anything is!! lol.

I'd love to meet you ladies too!!! We need like a Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska corner of CC. lol. I'm so new to the site, or atleast new to posting on here.

I haven't seen anything about the DOS. Maybe someone will surface with info.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:41pm
post #10 of 61

Hi fellow Kansas ,Missouri, ccer's.I would love to attend what ever that is .Nice seeing all of you on one post.

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:44pm
post #11 of 61

Hi! I'm in Indiana for now, but grew up in Hutchinson, and my mom is still in Wichita. I would love to come--but doubt I can get that far before Christmas. But I want to stay in the loop, too! (And what is a Day of Sharing? Sounds fun!)

FiveAlarmBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FiveAlarmBakery Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:50pm
post #12 of 61

A friend of mine from out of town said that she went to a day of sharing, and everyone just brought their portfolios, and tackle boxes, and the person in charge shared some tips and ideas. Then everyone sat around and talked about ideas, showed their portfolios, exchaged cards and just got to know each other, so in the future they could call on one another for ides and sharing stuff.

I guess that's what all sharing days are like, but I'm not sure. I'd love it if that's what it is! Yay for Indiana!! We'll just get all the midwesterners together!! The more, the merrier I always say!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

CarriM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarriM Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:43pm
post #13 of 61

I am in Hutchinson also and would love to attend!!

death_by_frosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
death_by_frosting Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:07am
post #14 of 61

I'll help represent Nebraska if possible!--sounds like a whole lota fun!

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:44pm
post #15 of 61

I'm just a little bit from Springfield.

When is this event?

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:50pm
post #16 of 61

i'm in belton, mo (near kc) and i would love to come too! as long as it isn't on saturday. icon_smile.gif dang weddings always get in the way with weekend plans!

CarolAnn Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:56pm
post #17 of 61

All I've heard is that it's supposed to be in Wichita on Sunday, October 14th, and they usually run from around 9:00 am - 4-5:00 pm. That's not too far away now so I hope someone can find out about this soon. I' d sure like to go. It's a 3 hour drive for me from Richmond, KS.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:06pm
post #18 of 61

What!! icon_eek.gif I didn't know about this either! I would've drove!!! icon_cry.gif But, I have a big bday that weekend that I am making a cake for and attending a party! I hate being busy!!!! icon_cry.gif

You guys have fun though! thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 1:37am
post #19 of 61

step0nmi,
Geesh that'd be driving like across three states!! Man....I thought 3 hours was a ways to go and turn around and come back!! I'm not certain I'll be able to do it but I sure want the chance to try. Please oh please someone come up with the info about this!! Oh no, I think I'm starting to whine now...........

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 4:04am
post #20 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Please oh please someone come up with the info about this!! Oh no, I think I'm starting to whine now...........

..passes CarolAnn the cheese for that whine icon_lol.gif

I haven't heard any details on this...who is supposed to be organizing?

CarolAnn Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:22pm
post #21 of 61

Well I just went to the ICES web site and there's nothing there about this. I feel like I'm spreading a rumor here. Noone seems to know anything about it and I have no clue how to find out/confirm. I also don't know if you have to be an ICES member to go if they put these on. Anyone?

Lindakbh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindakbh Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 9:58pm
post #22 of 61

I'm in Wichita! I'd love to go to this but don't know if I could spend all day. I don't belong to any clubs and am not professional, so am pretty isolated except for CC (thank goodness for CC icon_smile.gif )

CarolAnn Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:26am
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Quote:

I don't belong to any clubs and am not professional, so am pretty isolated except for CC (thank goodness for CC Smile )

Hi Linda, I'm in the same boat as you only not in Wichita. Maybe we'll meet up one of these days, huh?

Carol

Lindakbh Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 6:43pm
post #24 of 61

That would be great! I may stop in at our local specialty cake supply store (our one and only) and see if they know anything about a scheduled gathering.

Regards,
Linda

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:12pm
post #25 of 61
Quote:
Quote:

I don't belong to any clubs and am not professional, so am pretty isolated except for CC (thank goodness for CC )

I'm in the same boat also - I live about an hour south of Wichita - Hutch is only about hour and half. Would love to go and be able to meet CC'ers in Kansas and elsewhere!!

Please try to find out more info

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:30pm
post #26 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindakbh

That would be great! I may stop in at our local specialty cake supply store (our one and only) and see if they know anything about a scheduled gathering.

Regards,
Linda

Linda - Would that be "Cake Stuff"? Tell Dee, Karen and Dawnell "hi" for me next time your in!

icon_smile.gif

rcs Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:41pm
post #27 of 61

OK, may need to get a bigger boat, cause I'm in there, too! CC is my only contact for decorators!

Lindakbh, are you talking about "Cake Stuff"? I've only been to that store once, but plan on going back soon. They are great! I hope you can check with them. Maybe, since they're in Wichita, they'll know something. If you do, let us know. I haven't heard anything either!

CarolAnn Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 8:36pm
post #28 of 61

Okay, time is running out here. I'm willing to drive three freakin (pardon my french) hours to get in on something someplace with other cake decorators. I've heard about cake clubs in KC but never gotten any info or invites ( I know, boo hoo poor me) so I'm out here ALL alone. I guess if something isn't going to get organized by ICES or whoever maybe we could try and put something together ourselves. Anyone in that area got any ideas of what we could do? There seems to be quite a few of you out in the general Wichita area, and some of us who aren't but would drive some to attend. Seems like there ought to be a church someplace where we could get together. We wouldn't need to use an oven, just have tables and chairs and sinks to clean up. What do you all think? Meet for a morning session, break for lunch and meet again in the afternoon. I'd even get a room and do it again the next daaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaa!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Can you tell I want this???

Lindakbh Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:54pm
post #29 of 61

Im sorry to respond so late (life has been hectic this week). Yes, it is Cake Stuff that I was talking about. They are so nice and are always willing to give advice. Unfortunately I didnt make it over yesterday and they are closed today. Ill call them tomorrow. Will post what I find out.

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:08pm
post #30 of 61

I'm in Manhattan, Kansas. I couldn't make the October 14th meeting, but would love to get together with all of you. I'd even offer the use of my home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%