Tonka 1St Birthday

Decorating By billie1978 Updated 7 Nov 2006 , 1:15am by springlakecake

billie1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
billie1978 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 5

My son is turning one next week and his party is going to be in the Tonka theme. I am making a sheet like cake for the guests, but am stumped about how to do his smash cake. I REALLY wanted to make it look like a dump truck but I don't see how I can pull that off without making it too big. The smash cake should be small, so does anyone have any good ideas for what to make of the smash cake? I would love some suggestions please. Thanks in advance!

4 replies
BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 5

Because its a 1st birthday smash cake, I usually put a toy topper on a 5" single layer round. Its sort of a keepsake for the little one. thumbs_up.gif

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 5

I did a Tonka party for my son's first and I made a little yellow construction hat for the smash cake. It was really cute!

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 5

I didnt do a smash cake because we did her first birthday at a park and we didnt want her to make to big of a mess I wish I would have now. THe construction hat sounds great though

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 1:15am
post #5 of 5

What about doing a FBCT on a little 6 inch cake? I did this one for my son's birthday of winnie the pooh like that.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%