Rice Paper Images

Decorating By pookster Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 7:40pm by DecoratorJen

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:39am
post #1 of 6

i have noticed alot of people using rice paper for images...how do you go about that???? do you need a special printer???? i have tried fbct transfers a few times and they are just not working for me...i need to try something else....

5 replies
n_manges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_manges Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 6

I got a my supplies through KopyKake. and the they have it if you don't want to buy an expensive printer you can buy a cannon photo printer. mine only cost $175.00 icon_biggrin.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 6

There is a great write-up on CC explaining most everything you want to know about the printers, paper, etc... at the following link.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-guides.html

I use the canon printer also. The ink is what is special about printing on edible paper.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 6

You can also use food writer pens with rice/wafer paper (americolor is the best imho). It's nice because you can do 3d stuff like butterflies and flowers.
But if you have the edible image printer you'll get crisper images and with frosting sheets. (you can use wafer paper in the printer also though).

Debbie56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie56 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 6

I don't use a printer. I use crayons (non-toxic) to trace the image (from a coloring book, etc.) directly on the rice paper. Then I cut the image out and brush some corn syrup on the back so it will adhere to my buttercream iced cake. Then using buttercream icing and tips I outline the image and fill it in. I have posted a few pictures on this site if you'd like to see my results. It's relatively quick and easy...of course I only bake/decorate cakes as a hobby/sideline.

DecoratorJen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratorJen Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 6

I have a projector from Kopy Kake and have used it to outline onto rice paper and then fill in the color. I hope to get a printer for icing sheets soon though. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%