Cake Club In New Hampshire...

Decorating By kaseynh Updated 29 Sep 2008 , 2:13pm by melli_fera

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:54pm
post #31 of 178

Hi all of you NH ccer's. I live in MA only 15 minutes from Salem, NH. I spend a lot of time in Hudson, NH where my son plays hockey for the Cyclones.

I think NH is a beautiful state and more so in the Fall.

bake-A-cake00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bake-A-cake00 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:09pm
post #32 of 178

Good luck harmonhouseofraymond at the fair. Im going and ill be sure to look for your cakes! 24 items entered...thats alot of baking icon_biggrin.gif good for you! Also if you organize a get together keep us posted!!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:48pm
post #33 of 178

I think the first step is to find out how far everyone wants to travel and what days/times are best. I would think we'd want to make this a kid-less event?? I know that I could use a mental mom break.. icon_wink.gif

So why don't we start with what days are good and how far you want to travel.

This could be really fun! icon_biggrin.gif

bake-A-cake00 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:28pm
post #34 of 178

I live in Derry, but I am willing to meet up anywhere in NH. Im a waitress at a breakfast diner, so I work weekends, but Im out of work by 3pm (i dont mind showing up a little late if everyone wants to meet up earlier than 3) I dont have kids (im only 20) and the dog can doggie sit himself! thumbs_up.gif What would we do when we meet up? Do we bring receipes or small cakes to sample? I dont know...keep me posted!

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:50pm
post #35 of 178

What a great idea! I'd love to join up with a cake club! I'm in Stratham, NH, not far from Manchester, Portsmouth, etc.! Evening would work best for me, but I could possibly make it on MWF mornings.

Cristina

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:27pm
post #36 of 178

I am willing to travel and my schedule is a little messed up right now. I have some Wednesdays off and every Sunday off. I work until 4:30 during the week and 5pm on Saturday. icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:19pm
post #37 of 178

I am a SAHM.. My son is home all day with me and my daughter is in school until 3:30. Wednesdays my DH is off of work. My kids go to their dad's every other weekend. It may be possible for me to get a sitter somedays. My DH also gets home from work early on Tuesdays but DD has Soccer at 5:30.

harmonhouseofraymond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmonhouseofraymond Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:28pm
post #38 of 178

I am a sahm with a 1 and a 3 year old. Monday and Tuesdays I have play rehrsal til 9:00 pm

Would a Sunday work for anyone. It is easier for me to get a baby sitter on the weekend than the weekday as all my neices are in after school sports.

I know I can get the fire house in Raymond which has a confrence room and a kitchen off to the side for free or I can call Eaton's in Hooksett and see if they would be willing to have our club meet there. They have the room that I took my classes in. I would think it would make good business sense to let us go there but who knows.

Beth

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:49pm
post #39 of 178

Count Me In!

I'm in St. Johnsbury, which is 15 mins west of Littleton. I am lucky enough to have no kids and every weekend off, so I'd love to join whatever day you all choose. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:05am
post #40 of 178

I can do Sundays.. My DH is out of work at 4 or off on Sundays and my kids are at their father's house everyother weekend so I can do Saturday or Sunday on those weeks. icon_biggrin.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:14pm
post #41 of 178

bump

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:34pm
post #42 of 178

Please count me in...I'm in Mass, about 1/2 hour from Manchester!

I'd be willing to do a demonstration of chocolate transfer sheet, which I'm learning now and they look great.

Here's an example of one done by Melysa:
LL

bake-A-cake00 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:17pm
post #43 of 178

Just read that spongemomsweatpants PASSED her health inspection!!! Were that much closer to going on a field trip to see her shop!!! icon_lol.gif CONGRATS SPONGEMOM!!! thumbs_up.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:50pm
post #44 of 178

Yippie for spongemom.... She has worked very hard to pull everything together to get herself up and running. I know she deserves this. I agree with bake-a-cake00, I smell cake road trip!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I don't live in NH, but in VT and am watching your cake club forming. I will attend when you all figure out the easiest for you guys. Keep posting updates!!!

FromScratch Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:03am
post #45 of 178

How often do we want to meet up.. monthly? I think that'd be cool to start.

melli_fera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melli_fera Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 7:05pm
post #46 of 178

Hey everyone! I met harmonhouseofraymond at the fair last night and she did an awesome job! I can't believe how busy she was with all that baking!! icon_biggrin.gif

This was my first fair and I had an awesome experience.

I am interested in joining this group, even though I'm in MA. I'm about 40 minutes from Manchester, but willing to travel if the meetups are on weekends...

FromScratch Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:15pm
post #47 of 178

Okay.. time to take this bull by the horns.. icon_wink.gif

It seems that weekends are best for most here. Let's start with a vote on Saturday or Sunday.. I'll keep a tally.. When we figure out what day we'll move on to the time that's best then a place that is central to us all. I don't want this to die out.. icon_biggrin.gif

melli_fera Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:22pm
post #48 of 178

I vote for Saturday...(but can do sunday if it's only once a month).

bake-A-cake00 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 8:04pm
post #49 of 178

First off---Thank you jkalman for "taking the bull by the horns" and keeping tally. I work the weekends (waitress) but I am out by 3pm, as I stated before I don't mind showing up a little late if everyone want's to meet up eariler!!! I also don't mind traveling...

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:49pm
post #50 of 178

Chiming in finally (thanks jeanne icon_wink.gif)...

I think I'm the furthest east. I'm close to Portsmouth, but also close to jkalman, as she came to my house over the summer for a Fondant Play Date icon_biggrin.gif.

I have a FT office job, and two kids in 1st and K. Weekends work best for me. Saturday afternoons specifically.

I came *this close* to entering something in the Deerfield Fair this year, but was too close to the cutoff to be comfortable. Maybe next year...

melli_fera Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #51 of 178

oh please do enter something into the fair next year! Don't let time scare you! I sent in my entry form the week before it was due (sept 15)...then I went to california for a week and came home on Sept 20th. I worked like a crazy person around work and other commitments to have it delivered on September 25th!! ha ha ha Luckily it was a dummy!

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 8:22pm
post #52 of 178

I realized my dh would hang me if I added another cake committment to Sept/Oct. I had a 25th anniv cake, my ds's b-day cake and cupcakes, and a last-minute donation cake all at the end of September. Here in Oct I just delivered six 6" tasting cakes (was up until 1 am decorating!), a donation cake to be decorated tonight, a 2-tiered baseball diamond cake for Friday delivery, a 2-tiered fireman cake for 3-yo twins, a baptism cake for church, and a 4-tier 50th anniversary cake at the end of this month.

Whew!

Nope - dh would have seriously had my head. Next year, I promise icon_wink.gif.

FromScratch Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 9:22pm
post #53 of 178

Cool Meg!! Maybe I'll see you there next year.. (well hopefully I'll see you before then but you know what I mean.. icon_lol.gif ) I am still iffy on doing the whole contest thing.. not confident enough.

So Saturday seems to be winning right now.. Hopefully everyone else will chime in. If not I'll PM the people who posted to this thread.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 11:27pm
post #54 of 178

I'm in the central part of the state. You all sound like alot of fun!

kaseynh Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 11:52pm
post #55 of 178

Sorry...I didn't get an e-mail that there were new posts..Sunday works best for me. I work every other Sat in Oct and every Sat starting in November. I would love to meet once a month, maybe learn something new at each meeting? Keep me posted, I can't wait to meet everyone!

mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:54am
post #56 of 178

Hi, girls! I hope I'm not intruding. When I saw the words 'cake club', I popped in to see.

Congratulations on sticking together and going on with your plans.
Here in Puerto Rico, we've also formed a club. At the first meeting, what we did was talk shop. (What else?!) The next time, we had a giant picnic with our families in a park. There was also a cake competition. Our last time, we had a class by a pastry chef. She has kindly "adopted" us and is going to keep giving us free classes.

We've been meeting once a month for 3 months already. We're also going to be giving others the techniques we each master.
At each of these meetings we have just outdone ourselves baking and preparing appetizers!
There are pics in the Lounge.

Good luck and have fun!
Marie

FromScratch Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:21am
post #57 of 178

Sundays are best for me, but I can manage Saturdays too if that ends up being what works for the majority.

harmonhouseofraymond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmonhouseofraymond Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:55pm
post #58 of 178

Hi,

Sundays are best for me becuase there is usually football on tv and DH doesn't mind staying close to the house (watch the little ones)

Don't forget I offered our towns fire station as it is free or I can call Eatons.

Thanks Beth

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:56pm
post #59 of 178

I can make either Saturday or Sunday work!

kaseynh Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:29pm
post #60 of 178

Sunday is by far the best for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%