Cake Club In New Hampshire...

Decorating By kaseynh Updated 29 Sep 2008 , 2:13pm by melli_fera

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:19am
post #121 of 178

Not that I am scared to have people looking at me, but I think the nature of what we want to do would be best served in a place that had sinks and was.. well cleaner than the food court. It's pretty messy and the tables are all off kilter and wobbly. If it were the ONLY place.. I'd say sure, but it wouldn't be my first choice.. I'd rather go to a church.. and that's saying a lot coming from this atheist.. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif .

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:30pm
post #122 of 178

Okay everyone, let put on those thinking caps and figure out a CENTRAL , CLEAN , INEXPENSIVE, location.

I know they are out there. I think if we pick at least ONE place to put our heads together for the first meeting, we would probably come up with something fair, central and approved by all concerned.

I vote for a quick gathering at the Mall of NH for the first get to meet you, then decide then after everyone has had a chance to research their ideas.

I am suggesting, that everyone make their lists of places that they wouldn't mind to meet, and give them a call. Bring this info to the first meeting and we can all discuss it all. What do you all think?

Just a thought. icon_smile.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:58pm
post #123 of 178

Mommicakes, I'm with you on the location issue. Sorry to everyone else. Manchester is a tad over 2 hours for me to drive to.

I do like the firehouse/community center idea. I basically grew up in the community firehouse, and know that the price can be perfect.

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:50pm
post #124 of 178

Yes, let's have the initial meeting at the mall at 2:00 on the 4th and get the ball rolling. By then we should have some ducks in a line on possible future locations and can make more definite plans. How about everyone bring some topics/ideas of what they'd like to do at the following meetings--like hand's on workshops (which I think most of us are leaning toward) where we can share thoughts, skills and ideas.

FromScratch Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 3:11pm
post #125 of 178

If our initial meeting is going to be a meet and greet.. we might as well do it at a restaurant.. get some better food anyway.. icon_wink.gif That we could do just about anywhere. And if by some chance we can get a place with a kitchen before then.. I am all for changing it too.

I also think that the Manchester/Concord areas would be nice and central. UNH Manchester might be able to offer something and I am sure that we could get time in a church kitchen or a community center somewhere. Beth's firestation offer is great, but I think it's too far for everyone to travel. Maybe someone more central can contact their local recreation department and see about getting a time slot there.

I definitely want to meet on the 4th though.. even if it's just to say hi and get aquainted. I don't want to see this die in the planning phase. icon_biggrin.gif

patriciaab668 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patriciaab668 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 3:13pm
post #126 of 178

i agree lets meet at the mall of nh at 2:00 pm on the 4th and then we can all agree on were to go from their, location ideas and things to do at the meetings

mommicakes Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:03pm
post #127 of 178

Ok, I have just hopped on and done some research, this may help a little. First of all Nov 4th is the Manchester Marathon, so unless we want to deal with lots of blocked roads, and extra traffic, I suggest another location. (I think it will be wicked crazy there this day.) Next, I checked and the Comfort Inn in Concord has meeting facilities,( I haven't called for info but the website says cost for whole day is $150.00) I don't know exactly what that includes or if it could be cheaper or not. Then I found the Holiday Inn in Concord as well. They have a boardroom with a 12 Capacity and then another meeting room w/20 cap. Also located info on Hampton Inn in Bow, also having a boardroom w/10 cap. and mtg rm. at 20 cap. No prices for these places were listed, but these are some central locations I think, unless more of you are from the Eastern side of the state. I guess we should let everyone know where you all are in terms of location to each other????

Just my research done this am. I don't know if this helps any but thought I would throw it out there anyway. icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm
post #128 of 178

Well the marathon will only really block up the dowtown area.. but I don't mind going to Concord at all. $150.00 isn't bad broken up between us all.. even if this is for future times and not the initial meeting. I'd be worth it to have access to sinks and stuff.

FromScratch Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:37am
post #129 of 178

Well now that we have CC back I wanted to send a shout out to anyone still watching this thread.. icon_biggrin.gif

Nov 4th is still on.. for me anyway icon_lol.gif .. and as much as I can have a party by myself it's WAY more fun with others.. icon_wink.gif . Any progress made on a location? If it *has* to be the mall I can do that.. honestly though it'd be more fun (for me) if we did a meet and greet in a restaurant. I know this will be very un-womanly sounding but.. I hate the mall. There.. I said it. I am a woman and I can't stand the mall. icon_wink.gif Phew.. that felt good to get that out. icon_lol.gif Is everyone in agreement that Concord will be the most central to all of us? I think finding a place in Concord will be great. Hey.. their mall is less populated too. icon_wink.gif

Anyway.. I just wanted to be sure this didn't fall by the wayside..

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:56am
post #130 of 178

Nov 4th is still on for me too. I am willing to meet where the majority would like to meet. A meet and greet for the first time is a great idea. It might be a little quieter and less distracting at a restaurant vs the food court at the mall. IMO icon_smile.gif

mommicakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:53am
post #131 of 178

Alright everyone, lets get this thing moving!! Concord is the destination icon_redface.gif there the location is chosen. Now, to find out exactly what restaurant is in that area that we could choose. icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:05pm
post #132 of 178

They have a little bit of everything there. Olive Garden is good and inexpensive.. Hermanos is a mexican place that will be a little more expensive but not too bad.. they have a Margaritas too.. The Common man is a little pricey but have GREAT food.. there's an Outback Steakhouse too. Concord has pretty much any kind of food you want. I like them all.. icon_lol.gif I am guessing that the majority would like to keep it on the cheaper side so I'd knock The Common Man off the list.

mommicakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:17pm
post #133 of 178

icon_lol.gif I like the sounds of Margaritas, (it will be afternoon then) icon_lol.gif I have never icon_redface.gif been to Olive Garden, but that is just me. I'll wait to hear what everyone else votes on. I really haven't been to Concord in quite a while. icon_redface.gif

FromScratch Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 2:26pm
post #134 of 178

Hey.. it'll be 5:00 somewhere by then.. icon_wink.gif

Marg's is cool with me.

mommicakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 3:06pm
post #135 of 178

icon_cool.gif RIGHT ON!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

What does everyone else have to say? Agree or no?

melli_fera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melli_fera Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:21pm
post #136 of 178

It's taken me so long to get back on here with all the downtime!!

I think we should pick somewhere that will accept reservations... I know the Olive Garden does not.

I'm happy with the meet and greet for first meeting. I'll check to see if I have any Salvation Army connections for future meetings.

FromScratch Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:24pm
post #137 of 178

I've been trying to PM people but it is giving me crap.. saying i can't post so soon after just posting?? WTF!?!?! But I'll keep trying.

So if you are not against meeting at the Margaritas in Concord voice it now.

melli_fera Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:37pm
post #138 of 178

It's taken me so long to get back on here with all the downtime!!

I think we should pick somewhere that will accept reservations... I know the Olive Garden does not.

I'm happy with the meet and greet for first meeting. I'll check to see if I have any Salvation Army connections for future meetings.

melli_fera Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:38pm
post #139 of 178

So long as we choose a spot that accepts reservations, I think a restaurant is a great idea. I'm open to anything.

Also, I just sent an email to the Salvation Army in Concord to see if they would be able to rent us space on a monthly basis. I'll keep everyone up to date on that.

bake-A-cake00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bake-A-cake00 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:53pm
post #140 of 178

**ATTENTION** I just checked out the Margaritas website and the dining room and lounge dont open until 4pm so we could still meet there but not until 4pm...(I hope this posts and everyone can see this before another "down time")

mommicakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:15pm
post #141 of 178

If the dining room at Margarita's doesnt open till 4pm at least it will be 5:00 shortly after wards. icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif I will leave more looking for a place to those a little closer and who know what is around, 4pm might be a little late for getting back here to VT, but will wait for the concensus. (sp).

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:37pm
post #142 of 178

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not getting e-mails letting me know some one has posted here. I am just catching up after my last post. Concord is fine, earlier in the afternoon is better. I don't care for driving alone at night. (must be the age, it never used to bother me!) Olive Garden is good. I can't think of any additional places off the top of my head.

A little off topic here, don't forget about the Pumpkin Festival in Keene, NH this Saturday, the 20th. Over twenty thousand lit pumpkins in one place is an awsome sight! http://www.pumpkinfestival.com/ You should check it out!

FromScratch Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:57am
post #143 of 178

Hmmm.. well 4:00 is a little too late for this chick. My kiddos get home at 5:00 and I like to be here when they do. Hmmm.. I know the OG doesn't take reservations so to speak, but the wait there shouldn't be too bad on a Sunday at 2:00.. and maybe if it's a larger party they will work something out?

I'll look up more places in the morning..

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #144 of 178

I'm up for Margarita's...some of us can carpool, and we just need a time now.

CristinaB Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:11pm
post #145 of 178

I'm still in for the 4th. Anytime is fine with me. If Margaritas doesn't open till 4, there's a Chili's on Loudon Road in Concord. At least there would still be margaritas on the menu even if the food isn't par with Margaritas!

FromScratch Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:17pm
post #146 of 178

Chili's is cool with me. I like their southwestern egg roll thingies.. mmmmmmm. And they are definitely open for lunch.

So how about this.. the Chili's on Louden Rd at 2:00?? A meet and greet first get together and we will look into places to accomodate our little group on a more permanent basis?

mommicakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:07pm
post #147 of 178

icon_biggrin.gif COUNT ME IN!!!! As long as I don't have to drive at night. I don't like it either. icon_cry.gif

CristinaB Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #148 of 178

Okay gang, a small problem...just tried to call Chili's to see if they take reservations...no more Chili's! They must have gone out of business! Anyway, I thought I'd check to see what other "chain" restaurants there are and there are several others on Loudon Road. Applebee's, Longhorn, Outback, Olive Garden and Ruby Tuesday. Closer to 1-93 on Ft. Eddy Road (also the same exit for Loudon Rd) is Panera Bread and Pizzeria Uno. Many times I've seen groups of people meeting at Panera and they don't seem to get the evil eye from anyone. Any of those other places are fine with me too. Weigh in and we'll plan on 2:00 at that spot!

Cris

melli_fera Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:32pm
post #149 of 178

Since I'm not from the area, I will defer to the groups decision. I can find something good to eat anywhere!

FromScratch Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:17pm
post #150 of 178

I'm all for Outback or Olive Garden.. Longhorn is good too. They are all open for lunch on Sunday. I think the only places I would rather not go are Applebee's and Uno's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%