Pricing

Decorating By IvetteM Updated 8 Nov 2006 , 4:49pm by IvetteM

IvetteM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvetteM Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 4

What would be a good price for "character" cakes? (i.e.: Cars, Power Puff Girls, etc)

3 replies
cigarHerb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cigarHerb Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 4

you should price all cakes by servings. If you set a price of $2.50 per serving, and the cake will serve 20, charge $50. Your pricing will be different, this is just an estimate. I would say on average a character cake would run between $25 and $30.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

I was told on the Wilton website, thru email, that you can NOT sell Character cakes... due to copyright laws. The stores can sell them because they have a contract with Disney and others but we can't do it for sale. We can only do them for personal use or to give away as a gift.... If you do charge, (I have), I wouldn't show pictures if you're licensed lol I'd just let it be an option but only if they ask I wouldn't advertise "Character Cakes". Now you can do something like going out and buying the lil figures that sit on top a sheet cake like the grocery store does but I was told the wilton shaped pans like the Barbie one I made for my step daughter (in my photos here) and others such as Cinderellla and Dora etc. I wasn't allowed to charge for icon_sad.gif So I dunno maybe someone else here can give us some more insight on this and PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I WAS MISLED!!!!!!!!

IvetteM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvetteM Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you very much for your tips/comments!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%