Poppy Seed Wedding Cake Recipe

Baking By princesspls Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm by SugarMoonCakeCo

princesspls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesspls Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for a Poppy Seed recipe that will be suitable for baking in a 12in round pan and used as the bottom tier of a stacked wedding cake. The bride specifically said she does not want lemon poppy seed, but just the regular poppy seed. Anyone have a durable recipe they are willing to share, either mix or scratch?

Thanks in Advance!

6 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 2:24am
post #2 of 7

Can one just take thier favorite white cake recipe and toss in some poppy seeds, or is there more to it than that?

mezzaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mezzaluna Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:20am
post #3 of 7

Don't make things harder than they really are!!

Put poppy seeds in your regular recipe.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:24am
post #4 of 7

Poppy seed cake recipes, when not lemon, are most often almond, in my experience. I suggest adding poppy seeds to the WASC (White Almond Sour Cream) Cake recipe, and maybe increase the almond a bit as well. No doubt it would hold up very well as the bottom tier of a wedding cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-0-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake.html

Hello & Welcome to CC icon_smile.gif

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:36am
post #5 of 7

also, if you want a denser cake - i've used poppy seed in the vanilla butter cake recipe by "the mermaid bakery"...if you need it - send me a PM

princesspls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesspls Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much!!! I am not a fan of poppy seed myself and had no idea (obviously haha) you can just add poppy seeds to another recipe. I am thrilled to find this out!

Now another question...do you soak the poppy seeds first, or just toss those babies in? icon_smile.gif

I love Cake Central and need to spend less time lurking and more time getting involved.

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #7 of 7

just toss them in...as your heart desires!
i use about 8 tsp in the butter cake batter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%