I'm Done, The Party Was A Hit! (And So Were The Cookies!)

Baking By Photomommie Updated 9 Sep 2007 , 5:20am by Pumkinwaffles

Photomommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Photomommie Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 9

I had my DD 4th AND DS 2nd birthday party this weekend ( their b'days are 5 days apart, so we have 1 party , but 2 themes "Ariel" & Cars")

Well my list was :
20 Ariel cookies, 20 Flounder cookies, 20 Lightening McQueen cookies, 20 Checkered flag cookies, 20 Lightening Bolts, 20 Balloons and 20 Name tags!
All for the favors ......... Can you say 140 4" to 6 '" NFSC!
PLUS 2 cakes! Of course, McQueen and Ariel.
But I did it! It's done and my best customers ever, my kids.

I hade to make my own templates for the Ariel, Flounder and McQueen cookies and hand cut each with a knife, not so bad. Then draw them each in freehand, an artist I'm not, Flounder came out the best I think, McQueen good but the eyes, and Ariel, well her face was mis shaped and her eyes off, but people still knew who she was (after all they were at an "Ariel" party so I hope so! LOL!

Plus look in my photos and tell me how I did, looking for constructive criticisims please.

TIA

8 replies
sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 9

I think you did a great job! You were quite the busy baker! How did you organize yourself?

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 9

Great job Photomommie. How long did it take to hand cut all of these (plus the time to decorate). Sorry - I can't offer any constructive criticism as they look very professional.

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 9

Wow, that was a lot of work to undertake at once. All three of our girls are in may and so they always have combined parites and they each get a cake and that is enough work for me. I can't even imagine throwing in cookies for them. As far as constructive critism goes, you have already given it to yourself. Just keep practicing and you will get better each time. I am sure that everyone was amazed at what you accomplished.

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 9

I think they look great. icon_biggrin.gif

TanuvasaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanuvasaMama Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 9

great job! They all look wonderful. I bet your kids were so happy!

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 9

I think they all look great. I like Flounder, but I like McQueen too. Is it all Royal on the cookies?

frostedbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedbliss Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 11:04pm
post #8 of 9

Wow...what an amazing amount of work! They look fantastic and I bet your kiddos were super thrilled! thumbs_up.gif

Pumkinwaffles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pumkinwaffles Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:20am
post #9 of 9

The cookies and cakes came out gorgeous! Lucky kids I bet they were all thrilled!

Happy Decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%