Help....imbc And Diamonds

Decorating By smbegg Updated 4 Sep 2007 , 9:52pm by smbegg

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 3:41am
post #1 of 12

Ok, so I finally broke down and made IMBC...Oh my goodness......so wonerful, a pain in the butt to make but the taste was magical! my hubby, a die hard BC fan is a convert! Anyway on to my question:

I am making a 3 tier cake for my mom's surprise birthday party. I was planning on using BC with a Diamond impression mat. I know that IMBC does not crust, but can I use the impression mat after frosting and freezing the IMBC?

PLease help. I would really like to have the diamond impressions and use the IMBC.....any way to make it work? Pictures...?

Stephanie

11 replies
smbegg Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 12

I just read a thread where there were a ton of people who use IMBC. No one can help????

Stephanie

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 12

Not to sound stupid or anything but what is IMBC?

smbegg Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 12

Italian Meringue Butter Cream. It is a really creamy, buttery frosting that doesn't crust.

Stephanie

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 12

thank you

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 12

I'm very sorry I can't help, having never made this before. It sure sounds yummy, though! Good luck to you. Hope someone can help you. icon_smile.gif

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #7 of 12

I think that it might not work because when you refrigerate IMBC it gets really really hard and I think that if you tried using the impression mat it would crack. IMBC is also meant to be eaten at room temperature because it would take like sweetened butter otherwise. Any thoughts about covering the cake on some good tasting fondant like Satin ice or Fondx? You could have the IMBC under. Of course, this is just my opinion maybe someone out there has tried it and it worked. Good luck!

smbegg Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 12

anyone else??????

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 6:46pm
post #9 of 12

I don't have an answer for you because I've never done it, but I too enjoy the IMBC. Is there any way you can take it for a test run with the IMBC that you just made? Maybe frost the bottom of a cake pan and place in the freezer and then see if the impression mat works. Just an idea. Let us know because I would also like the answer.

Delia

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 7:37pm
post #10 of 12

It can be done but you won't get as sharp an impression as say with fondant. Put the iced cake in the freezer for about 10 minutes. On the diamonds in the impression mat, I lightly greased the ridges with a thin film of Crisco, wiped it with a paper towel and then pressed into the icing.

smbegg Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 9:50pm
post #11 of 12

Shirley, you rock...I have a sample cake in the fridge...I will have to give it a try and see if I can get it to work! I tried it on a cooled cake, but the IMBC pulled off on the ridges. I only used PS on the mat though. SHortening it is!

Stephanie

smbegg Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 9:52pm
post #12 of 12

Shirley, you rock...I have a sample cake in the fridge...I will have to give it a try and see if I can get it to work! I tried it on a cooled cake, but the IMBC pulled off on the ridges. I only used PS on the mat though. SHortening it is!

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%