Confession

Decorating By cakerator Updated 3 Nov 2006 , 6:15pm by leepat

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 23

ummmm.... i literally just ate a bowl of cake crumbs with a spoon. icon_redface.gif

i had left over cake that was crumbled. i didn't want to save it for cake balls so i was just going to throw it out.
well, on my way to the garbage can.... the cake crumbs glistened ever so slightly in the warm light of the kitchen.... they were calling my name (i swear) icon_eek.gif

so, i grabbed a spoon and sat down to finish them off. its no wonder i am gaining weight by the minute. icon_mad.gif its the cake crumbs' fault!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

22 replies
badgerang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badgerang Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 23

YUM! That would go good with the white chocolate BC I ate by the spoonful the other day!

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:57am
post #3 of 23

LOL shhhh we wont tell anyone! icon_wink.gif

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:00am
post #4 of 23

LOL Guess we are not the only onesicon_lol.gif

BearLuvsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BearLuvsCakes Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:02am
post #5 of 23

LOL that's awesome! Why waste a perfectly good treat?!?

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:05am
post #6 of 23

Did you know that when the cake is broken or in crumbs, they are only HALF the calories of the original cake!?! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

I guess I would have to say that you should be proud you used a spoon. SOME PEOPLE (no names) scoop them up and eat them by the fist full!!!

LOL!!!!!

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:24am
post #7 of 23

So should i add the lemon curd that scraped off of the side of the empty bowl with a slide of the hooked finger. I guess that will give us a tiered cake. LOL tapedshut.gif

cakerator Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:50am
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by msauer

Did you know that when the cake is broken or in crumbs, they are only HALF the calories of the original cake!?! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

so funny! icon_lol.gif

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:55am
post #9 of 23

no worries. the other night I tried making some petit fours. Cake rose too high, icing too heavy, chocolate ganache not preferable (too heavy) for coating an already too-tall, too-soft petit-four.
They kept tipping over. One after another.

Do you know what I did???

I kept stuffing them in my mouth, real quick, to destroy the evidence! I think I ate like 7 of them!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:02am
post #10 of 23

"Did you know that when the cake is broken or in crumbs, they are only HALF the calories of the original cake!?!"

ABSOLUTLY TRUE!! The calories just fall out when the cake crumbles!

I am laughing sooo hard right now! icon_lol.gif

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:04am
post #11 of 23

Ahhh yesss....leave no evidence behind...if there is no evidence they are ZERO calories because they NEVER existed in the first place!!! LOL

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 5:42am
post #12 of 23

mthiberg - I love that theory. No evidence = no calories. If only I could convince my waistline and butt of that.
Barbara icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:39pm
post #13 of 23

Dont feel so bad, whenever I level my cakes, guess where the tops go? my mouth 8(

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:45pm
post #14 of 23

My leveled cake tops go in my mouth, but first I have to smear a bit of icing on it, fold it over, and make a little cake sandwich. icon_surprised.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:50pm
post #15 of 23

Yeah, I have the same problem. I somehow always manage to eat all my scraps so I never have anthing to try making cake balls with! Guess I'll have to make a cake specifically for that purpose.

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:55pm
post #16 of 23

Oh girl....I am guilty also.
Confession is good for the soul.
If only it was good for the waistline.
I think I will have to be more stern with myself if I'm going to do this cake thing.
Maybe I should keep a ruler on the counter to slap my hand with! icon_confused.gif
(actually, I'd probably use it as a spoon) icon_rolleyes.gif

SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 5:01pm
post #17 of 23

icon_evil.gif Dear Ladies....you are all so wrong!!! It is written...."Broken cookies and cake crumbs have absolutely no calories!! Besides just last night I was talking to chef at our local career school and he said that a calorie was a measure of a unit of heat...unless those cake crumbs were hot, they could not have had any calories!! He said it himself, to have calories one must have heat!! Not only was our meal awesome...he had quite a sense of humor!!! ha!ha! thumbs_up.gif

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 5:28pm
post #18 of 23

I make the little cake sandwiches too, from leftover frosting and the cake tops....oh dear.
I made a really good batch of chocolate buttercream once, and could not stop myself from eating it cold out of the fridge. It was like candy.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 5:49pm
post #19 of 23

Crumbs? What crumbs?

cakerator Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 5:55pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghanb

I made a really good batch of chocolate buttercream once, and could not stop myself from eating it cold out of the fridge. It was like candy.

icon_lol.gif i actually have some left over buttercream in the fridge right now. last night, after dinner, i just needed a little 'sweet bite' so i scooped some out for dessert. yummmmmmmo!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 6:03pm
post #21 of 23

I have left over icing in the pantry right now, sitting beside the peanut butter, I take a scoop of peanutbutter and a scoop of BC and eat it like a popcicle. Tastes just like candy icon_eek.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 6:09pm
post #22 of 23

darandon wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

My leveled cake tops go in my mouth, but first I have to smear a bit of icing on it, fold it over, and make a little cake sandwich.

Were you window peeping at my house last night?

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 6:15pm
post #23 of 23

Okay, okay, but I have to eat the leveled cake tops to make sure the cake taste all right. I wouldn"t want to sell someone a cake that wasn' t any good. Would you? And that can of caramel that I ate last night was so I could make sure it passed the taste test also. (I had never made caramel from Eagle Brand milk!!) So I look at myself as not only the baker, the decorater, and the sales person but also as the quality control engineer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%