Airbrush

Decorating By cake_momma Updated 1 Nov 2006 , 2:12pm by cigarHerb

cake_momma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_momma Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 4

Okay my Christmas request from the Hubby this year is an airbrush! icon_lol.gif I really want to be able to get that great effect of my cakes. Now for the question, can you use or does anybody know of another airbrush that would be suitable for cakes? The only one that I can find is KopyKake and yes they are nice but, I can't find them anywhere but new and at almost $300 thumbsdown.gif that is alot of money that I am not quite making on my own yet. Anyhelp that you could give me would be awsome! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
NVP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NVP Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 4

omg! me too. i was just searching for an air brush, but dont want to spend that much money. and the only one i have heard of is kopykake. now i have another questions. are they really easy to use????

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 4

We've been talking about airbrushing on another thread the last day or so. Maybe it would help you to read through that one...

Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=464623#464623

cigarHerb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cigarHerb Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 4

there are several airbrushes out there that work for cakes. Where the cost comes in is you have to get a compressor as well. The airbrush I use is a Paasche VSR90. I have a KopyKake, but like the Paasche much better. It is also cheaper and comes with extras that a KK does not. The baseline KK setup after shipping is $250, and all you get is a bottom line compressor and single action brush. You can get the Paasche at dixieart.com for $65 shipped. Comes with case, hose, 2 color cups, extra needle for wider spray pattern, and a hanger. Then you have to get a compressor The best compressor for cakes is the KK. The best deal you are going to find is at bearair.com. You can get the KK Airmaster Plus, which is the upgraded compressor, for $159. This is only $9 more than you can get the Airmaster anywhere else. bearair also carries the Paasche brush for $62.13 before shipping. If you buy the regular airmaster compressor you are stuck using only a KK brush unless you are prepared to take it apart and replace the male hose fitting for a standard 1/4 inch threaded fitting. I have you down closer to $240 and that is about as good as you can do buying the whole setup, plus it is all upgraded equipement.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%