Vanilla Wasc

Decorating By Jenna217 Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 10:30pm by MG

Jenna217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna217 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 6

When using a french vanilla cake mix in the WASC recipe, what switches do you make for it? Like with chocoalte cake mix, you use whole eggs instead of just the whites... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 6

funny you should ask this icon_smile.gif

I made a WASC cake the other day and didnt even think about making any changes (this was the cake from h-e-double-hockey-sticks) and was so frazzled about the decorations that I didnt think anything of following the recipe like it was.

REgardless...it tasted fantastic icon_smile.gif I'm not sure if I would have changed anything, knowing any difference now.

I'm not sure if that helps or not, all I know is, I tasted good following the original recipe using the French Vanilla cake mix. icon_smile.gif

Take Care

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 6

This would be interesting to know as I didn't realize you needed to alter it for a choclate cake... I've only used the WASC a couple of times, the second time with raspberry instead of almond. It's such a great cake!!

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 6

I use the same amount of eggs like in the chocolate cake. I also like to use vanilla coffee creamer for some of the liquid. This is becoming one of my most popular flavors.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 6

For the french vanilla WASC I used of course the French vanilla cake mixes then the french vanilla extract or even some butavan. Sub 1/2 liquid with 1/2 and 1/2 vanilla. You could even used some vanilla laced sugar for the sugar in it icon_smile.gif

MG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MG Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 6

Hello,

I just made the vanilla wasc today and instead of using egg whites I used the recommended number of whole eggs per mix(6 eggs for 2 cakes mixes). I followed the rest of the wasc recipe for all the other ingredients and it is delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%