My First Time Making Cake Balls And I Don't Know....

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 12:25pm by alicia_froedge

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 10

How long are cake balls good for?? Do I need to store them in something?? I just made some at lunch and it says to let them set for a couple of hours. I gave a couple to my parents and told them to test them for me in 2 hours and to dip them in PS. They called and they didn't like them!!!!! Without tasting them yet....I'm worried that I did something wrong. HELP!!!

9 replies
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 10

o hun they are good for at least 5 days on the shelf longer if they are chilled. They are an acquired taste actually. I find them way way tooo sweet for me. But my kids just love em. So I don't think you did anything wrong, it's just that some people don't like things that sweet.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 10

I make mine by dipping them into various melted chocolates. I don't care for the one just dipped in Powdered Sugar. I store them in the fridge. I would say they keep for a good 4-5 days. After that, it seems that a little liquid tends to pool on the paper cups I place them in. They still TASTE good, just don't appear as attractive. HTH

Cris icon_smile.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 10

We've kept them several days without a problem. They are so sweet, I don't care much for them either, and I KNOW I wouldn't like them just dipped in powdered sugar. My family and friends love them covered in chocolate or candy melts.

chaptlps Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 10

I've rolled em in nuts n coconut n sprinkles too

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 10

You might try chilling them before eating them....my DH only likes them right out of the fridge. They have a completely different texture after being chilled. HTH!

alicia_froedge Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:47pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the tips. I was planning on dipping them in chocolate tonight ....do they need to be in the fridge or can they stay out?? I guess reading the comments you guys have said either way was fine. Just checking.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:05pm
post #8 of 10

I would for SURE keep them in the fridge. The chocolate tends to get quite soft left out at room temperature, in my experience. Good luck!!

chaptlps Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:11am
post #9 of 10

K i've also used german chocolate frosting as the binder for cake balls or truffles or whatever ya wanna call em. So far in my opinion the best ones yet.

alicia_froedge Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:25pm
post #10 of 10

Well I went home last night and dipped them in chocolate and YUM!!!! Course I had my husband try them to and he didn't like them either. They are big sweets people so I'll forgive them. icon_smile.gif Thanks again for all the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%