Support On A Half 3D Football Cake, Need A Little Advise....

Decorating By jjbrink Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 2:39pm by brnrlvr

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 6

i am going to make a football cake. i am using a football pan then will cut the cake in half so i will have the half 3d football effect. then use a 9x13 as the field. placing the football onto it so it appears the football is busting out of the cake. (the ideas i got from some of the cakes on here in the football section). most people used rice krispie treats to form their football- but i went with tthe cake. SO- when i put the football on the top- should i cut a whole out of the center of the 9x13 and place the football into it, or should i just place it on the tops and stick a dowel through the middle to keep it from falling over? icon_confused.gif

thanks to anyone who can offer their opinion thumbs_up.gif
~jennifer

5 replies
brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 6

The one in my photos was done by stacking rounds ontop of each other. Much more sturdy than stacking things on end.

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 6

I did this one...http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=935513

All I did was put dowels in the sheet cake. I then used icing under the football to hold it in place. I didn't put the dowel through the football. If you need help on anything else, I would love to help. icon_smile.gif

jjbrink Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 6

both are amazingly beautiful cakes!!! i already baked the football cake in the pan. i could lay it flat, but i wanted the cake to have a more 3d effect so thats why i thought about standing it up like in brn's cake. just wanted sure how it would work if i cut a hole in the middle of the cake, place the football into the cake, so the top was sticking out. i was thinking that might be a little easier than doilg the dowel roda and cake board.?

jjbrink Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 6

guess i shoud spell check and re-read my post before hitting the reply button---- sorry about the typos this morning. icon_surprised.gif

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 6

hee hee! Have you had your coffee yet? icon_smile.gif

I don't think it will stick out far enough if you cut a hole in the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%