What Is Your Age?

Lounge By KimAZ Updated 1 Jan 2007 , 3:58am by FatAndHappy

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 11:19pm
post #121 of 183

I'm 25...26 in April and I've been decorating for one year.

Cool avatar wendysue!!!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 12:09am
post #122 of 183

hi all I will be 29 in Feb of '07. I have been decorating for 4 years in July of '07. nice to see how old everyone is makes us feel just a little closer to each other.

XoGuitarChefoX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
XoGuitarChefoX Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:14am
post #123 of 183

auntem:
15 and 2months!! lol.. yea, I havent seen anyone else younger than me???!! I kindof got into cake decorating by watching Food Network!! I got the idea that i want to become a pastry chef adn I thought I would need to know some cake skills so thats where it all happened!!
XoGuitarchefoX

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:48am
post #124 of 183

I'm 34. But, people never believe me, I guess I have a young face (actually my whole family looks young). People sometimes mistake my mother and I for sisters! She's 22 years older than me!!

I was proofed for cigs everytime I purchased, which was frustrating when I was 31 and you only have to be 18 to buy! That's why I QUIT! icon_biggrin.gif kidding.

I know someday I will cherish my young looks, but....right now, it is hard. Sometimes my patients don't take me seriously, they don't think I'm old enough to do my job...or I haven't been doing it long enough...It's been 12 years! ARG! I know..we should all have these troubles icon_biggrin.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:19am
post #125 of 183

I tell my age with every post. LOL

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:36pm
post #126 of 183

I am 34 soon to be "35".

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:31pm
post #127 of 183

I am 52 and just lovin' it. Only started decorating in June.
Very good thread...interesting!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 12:28am
post #128 of 183

started decorating earlier this year and have a loooooong way to go yet. I'm 28 years old and my birthday is June 02.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 1:40am
post #129 of 183

I'll be, ahem, 43, in January! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:09am
post #130 of 183

I'm 32. Lukerubyjoy, I have the same problem. I'm a Realtor and a lot of people think I just got out of college. It gets frustrating. icon_confused.gif

Bergie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bergie1954 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:33am
post #131 of 183

I am 52. I am just finishing up Course 2 in my Wilton Class. I love doing this...I wish I had more time to decorate cakes. I practice as often as I can. I have so much to learn, and thanks to this great site, I think I'm in the right place!! thumbs_up.gif

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:33am
post #132 of 183

I'm 26 years old. Started decorating one year ago.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 4:28am
post #133 of 183

I am 38 and will be 39 on Feb. 24th. I have been decorating off and on for about 10 years. Just recently got "serious" with it, now that I stay home with the little one.

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:46pm
post #134 of 183

I'll be 31 in 2 weeks.

I starting decorating almost 6 year's ago and did my son's firts birthday cake. I mainly got into to do cool cakes for my kids and now i"m trying to sell some here and there. Slow going, but that's ok.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:02pm
post #135 of 183

31 here icon_biggrin.gif

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:21am
post #136 of 183

38...blond hair, blue eyes, slim...I like long walks on the beach, starry nights...ohhh...wrong forum.

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:22am
post #137 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

38...blond hair, blue eyes, slim...I like long walks on the beach, starry nights...ohhh...wrong forum.

AND THE LAST TIME I READ MARRIED, but nice try-lol

Dale Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:34am
post #138 of 183

Married... but safe...ugly as the day is long...totally charming though...and funny...I should get points for funny...

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:36am
post #139 of 183
Quote:

Married... but safe...ugly as the day is long...totally charming though...and funny...I should get points for funny...

funny gets alot of point & as i remember u weren't a hardship -- or was that really u-lol

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:55am
post #140 of 183

oohh . . . is there a picture somewhere of Dale on this site? My hubby brushes off my cakecentral addiction as totally silly so if there are hot guys here with pictures, I could casually leave my laptop open as my hubby wanders through the kitchen and when he inquires as to what I was doing, I can tell him, "Oh, that's just one of the cake guys." Maybe then he'd take me a little more seriously.

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:02am
post #141 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkerber

oohh . . . is there a picture somewhere of Dale on this site? My hubby brushes off my cakecentral addiction as totally silly so if there are hot guys here with pictures, I could casually leave my laptop open as my hubby wanders through the kitchen and when he inquires as to what I was doing, I can tell him, "Oh, that's just one of the cake guys." Maybe then he'd take me a little more seriously.

a good many of us have had a pic in our avatar from time to time

Dale Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:23am
post #142 of 183

Of course it was me! Who else would claim this face. Makes people cry. I walk up to cars and say "Do you know why I stopped you?" All I get is tears from the nice ladies. Breaks my wittle heart...I almost cant write the ticket...almost.

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:02pm
post #143 of 183

I'm 31 going on 32 on Thanksgiving.

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:22pm
post #144 of 183

Love this topic! I took Wilton classes with my Mom in 1977! Thats a big hint. Stopped doing cakes while I raised my girls, except for the few character cakes made with stars for their birthdays, then last January, darling Daughter announces her engagement and the first thing out of my mouth was, "Can I do your wedding cake?" , found this site and just love fondant and everything I have learned here.

Oh, yeah, I will be 48 next week, had to use calculator to come up with that, don't feel a day past 35.

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:57pm
post #145 of 183

Ok, I guess I'll join in here...... I'm 30... 31 in February. Gosh, 31 sure sounds awful when it's written (typed)!!!! Honestly, I am not taking my age very well these days, can you tell?!?!?!?!

lukerubyjoy and coolchc21, I, too, have that problem: not looking my age. Which I do enjoy some days, but not all. I think it bothers my DH a lot though. The kicker was when we went to buy him a new truck a couple of years ago, and the dealer asked if my DH was my father!!! He is 38. To say the least, he wasn't too happy with the guy!

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 8:45pm
post #146 of 183

I am 33 and only decorating for about 6 months. Is that right? Hmmm. I have a full time + job and two girls, 4 and 2 plus my husband went back to school so I was busy busy. When he finished I decided I would do something for me and that is when I met cake decorating.

I have the same problem at work, lack of respect because of how old people assume I am. I have to rule by influence in my job and it's tough to win people over who think you are just a kid an not a seasoned professional. One manager said she was old enough to be my mother. Right, she is only 10 years older than me!

susiecho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susiecho Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:50am
post #147 of 183

i'm 21

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:56pm
post #148 of 183

I am 36 and to me, you are as young as you feel.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 9:38pm
post #149 of 183
Quote:

Of course it was me! Who else would claim this face. Makes people cry. I walk up to cars and say "Do you know why I stopped you?" All I get is tears from the nice ladies. Breaks my wittle heart...I almost cant write the ticket...almost.

I'm sure...and I'm 21 icon_biggrin.gif (can you tell I've had a ticket 1 too many times?) icon_twisted.gif

Seriously, I'm....hmmmm, I fib so much I can't remember, let's see...born in 1960, birthday not until December so that makes me 45, almost 46 icon_cry.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 9:58pm
post #150 of 183

Just turned 29 UGh in September!

Goals by age 30--
1. Be seen on Food Network doing cakes-DONE.
2. Be taped by Food Network-DONE some stuff never made it to TV!
3. Open My own Business-working on it.
4. Compete in a large cake challenge other than OSSAS! Yeah right!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%