3 Milk Cake

Decorating By clc404 Updated 31 Oct 2006 , 10:05pm by briansbaker

clc404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clc404 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 12:50am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone,
Has anyone ever heard of this before. I went to a restraunt today and had this for dessert. I asked the waiter if they made there. They didn't. It was delish. Very Rich.

Thanks

Cheryl C

8 replies
bakersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersofcakes Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:21am
post #2 of 9

Yeah! Check out the recipe section on the Everyday Food website from the PBS show "Everyday Food". ( It's from Martha Stewart, but Martha isn't on it.)
http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/tres_leches.html

JenJen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJen1 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:27am
post #3 of 9

Tres Leche(s) is the proper name...I believe. Found a website with the recipe. You may be able to find other places. Hope this helps. I've had several times at Spanish Restaurants... mainly Dominican/PR restaurants

www.recipegal.com/desserts/TresLecheCake.htm

LoriGross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriGross Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:28am
post #4 of 9

There are several recipes in the recipes section of CC for "Tres Leches" (aka 3 milks cake). HTH

JenJen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJen1 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:28am
post #5 of 9

Tres Leche(s) is the proper name...I believe. Found a website with the recipe. You may be able to find other places. Hope this helps. I've had several times at Spanish Restaurants... mainly Dominican/PR restaurants

www.recipegal.com/desserts/TresLecheCake.htm

Tim-n-SEMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tim-n-SEMO Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:28am
post #6 of 9

I think the other name would be Tres Leches, if we're all talking about the same thing.

A sponge-type cake soaked with a dairy mix? It's has a mix of condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream or milk poured on until it won't soak up any more. Usually has a meringue or whipped cream frosting.

Great, isn't it?

clc404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clc404 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone for the replies. I did have it at a Mexican Restraunt. The person I was with is from Columbia. Tim-n-SEMO you described it perfectly it was wonderful.
Thanks
Cheryl C

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 10:05pm
post #9 of 9

When I make mine.. I bake an 11x15 sheet pan (using 3 box cake mixes). Let it cool in pan.. (leave it in the pan until read to flip)
Making sure that the sides are not stuck..Then I stick in the fridge for about an hour.. after that I take it out, pierce it with a fork all over.. then I add the 3 milks..
mix1 1/2 cup of whole milk, one can of evaporated milk and one can of sweetened condensed milk all together.. Just pour and watch it soak into cake.. Making sure that the middle of the cake gets milk.. Once you have poured all you milk.. you will let this set in the fridge over night covered in saran wrap or foil..Next day Flip onto your cake board and ice it with whipped icing and garnish with fresh fruit.. It's good , if you like soggy cake.. As for me Nope! I dont.. lol but I get alot of orders for this..
P.S. most recipes call for a sponge like cake.. I never use this.. I always use reg. cake box mix.. Oh yeah, dont use just Vanilla or white mix. Use French Vanilla Mix.. Everyone raves about mine.. They say it has more flavor then the stores.. I think it 's the french Vanilla mix.. VS some ole sponge cake with a hint of vanilla extract.. I recently did one.. It was for a childs b-day.. I put Elmo on it.. Its in my photos.. Check it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%