Oklahoma Sugar Art

Decorating By jbart Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 8:52pm by moydear77

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 2:24pm
post #31 of 71

How late on Sunday is judge announcements?

Maybe we could go grab some good ole fair food and chat after the presentation.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 2:31pm
post #32 of 71

Does anyone know if the stadium was completed yet?

The Texas/Oklahoma game is that Saturday and the stadium is right there at the fair grounds. I'm thinking parking is going to be more difficult than last year if the stadium's renovations are done.

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:29pm
post #33 of 71

I think it's actually the Tulsa/UAB game that weekend, that or I am confused on the date of the show. That's also Tulsa's first conference game so there should be a good crowd. I'll have to check the parking situation too, hadn't even thought about that.

all4cake Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:38pm
post #34 of 71

September 29th is supposed to be Texas/Oklahoma....showing it's a home game.

Let me double check as well...maybe I mixed up the years...lol...it's possible

all4cake Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:41pm
post #35 of 71

hmmm...lol...I beg forgiveness on this one...maybe I had a nightmare?

dreamed we couldn't park to see cakes because of the (*%&^%() game!

lol

all4cake Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:45pm
post #36 of 71

October 6th

Sorry about the panic ya'll!

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:35pm
post #37 of 71

I'll be there and look forward to meeting you all! Pink shirt - green ribbon - where is the green ribbon supposed to be??

Think I'll take a little trip to good old Old Navy for that t-shirt...

Cathy

Copacabanya Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 6:05pm
post #38 of 71

all4cakes - The Texas/Oklahoma game is always played in Texas anyway. lol Oklahoma plays home games in Norman though so it wouldn't matter. Now go take a nap girl, or have a drink, you're having an off day. icon_lol.gif j/k j/k We'd never let football traffic keep us from cake anyway right?? lol

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 6:34pm
post #39 of 71

Hubby says he's taking me - first year to go. Can you believe he is going to miss out taking son deer hunting that weekend just to take me!!!

I'll be looking for the pink shirts & green ribbons.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 7:11pm
post #40 of 71

I can't wait to meet everyone--Now since I'm the one that suggested the pink shirt, I'd better go buy one!!!! That color will make us easy to spot and the green ribbon will seal it!

all4cake Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:53pm
post #41 of 71

Anya, I'm doing good to distinguish between a football and a baseball...I ain't into sports. I get hollered at on a regular basis at the hs football games...I am cheering and screaming FOR the one with the ball...I don't care what colors he's wearing..."OMG! RRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUNNNNNNN, They're gonna get youuuuuuuuuuu!!!" I just don't want to see him get jumped.

DH cleared it all up for me when he got home....and then basically, gave me the look...the one that says I'd be better off not opening my mouth when it came to sports.

We're gonna have fun...I can't wait.

Copacabanya Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 10:15pm
post #42 of 71

all4cake - I'm laughing just picturing you getting dirty looks while you yell for the other team at the hs football games. lol I bet you'd be fun to go to a game with! icon_lol.gif And we'll let this one slide because if I lived out of state I might not be so "up" on college football. But when you're born and raised in Oklahoma I think it's in your blood. lol

Have fun at the show! Maybe I'll see ya there!

Anya

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:38am
post #43 of 71

Ok I feel silly! I diden't read this thread all the way through and had the same idea for a CC name tag sort of thing..... I got so excited by the idea that I started another thread asking waht you all thought. icon_redface.gif

Read the other one and see if you like the idea. HAHAHAHAHAAH !!!! I humor myself sometimes. icon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:43am
post #44 of 71

lol...lemme go find it!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:51am
post #45 of 71

It will be my third year competing and I am bringing Melvira!! Yay road trip!

all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:01am
post #46 of 71

Maryann, your ears must've been burning.

I told my husband just yesterday that I thought that may have been why I haven't seen you on here as much....I said, "I'll bet Moydear77 is busy on her entries for Oklahoma"

I got the , "who the heck is that?" look.

I had to explain...."oh, another cake decorator from THAT site I go to"

I wish all who enter the best of luck! 3rd times the charm...ain't that the saying?

I am sure looking forward to meeting any and all of you!

Hippiemama Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:27am
post #47 of 71

I have it! We can combine ideas.

Pink shirts - green ribbon with your screen name on it. Then there will be no missing us. No questioning if the ribbon is just a decoration on a shirt or if it is a cake central member.

What do you guys think?

Andrea

all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:38am
post #48 of 71

How about....are ya'll ready....

a pink shirt.....

with green writing...

on the back....

the words...

I'M AN ADDICT!

all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:40am
post #49 of 71

Parents would be snatchin' their youngun's up...

whispering sharply to them...

"Stay away from that person! See what it says? They're an ADDICT!"

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:02am
post #50 of 71

My advice, don't take any non-cake addicts with you, my daughters were ready to leave by noon,

This year I'm having my husband drop me off (parking is horrible) and he can do his own thing and I can stay all day

Maryann, can't wait to see your cakes!

ras3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ras3 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:10am
post #51 of 71

Hi everyone.

I've just found this great site (where has it been all my life?) and I'd be thrilled to visit the Sugar Arts exhibit with cake lovers. I usually go to the fair once with my family and once by myself so that I can enjoy the cakes in peace. You just can't rush through them on your way to the roller coaster.

Anyway I'm a newbie at CC, but I live about five miles from the fairgrounds and I get to go several times every year. So I'd love to offer my services as a native Tulsan if y'all have any questions about hotels, logistics etc.

all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:26am
post #52 of 71

what are logistics?

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:37am
post #53 of 71

I'm thrilled to be going and my DH is so supportive. We went to our first cake show in McKinney, TX and the DH was so excited to meet Bronwen Weber - yep, Food Network Addicts also.

My DH suggested going to Tulsa and wanted to enter a cake and even started planning it for me. icon_eek.gif He is not a baker at all but he is there for me. I'm not going to enter but I'm excited to be there.

At McKinney, I sat through ALL of the training. He did some, wandered around the cakes, watched the judges, and just waited for me to be done.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll. (It's a southern thing) icon_lol.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:44am
post #54 of 71

Hi everyone!
I am going too. My husband is even excited! I can't wait!
I had no idea that we normal people could enter anything there. My husband asked me today if I was going to and I was like "noooooo....BRONWEN enters that!" icon_smile.gif
See you guys there!

frostedexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedexpressions Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 3:06am
post #55 of 71

I will be looking for some of you. I will be there Sunday and maybe late sat. I have a wedding to do on Sat. before we make it there. My DH goes with me too. Hope to see ya!!!

vjcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vjcreations Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 3:30am
post #56 of 71

I will be there and am planning to enter a couple of cakes. Entered last year but was way outclassed. My 7 year old daughter entered also and will be entering again this year, we have such a great time decorating together and then going to the fair to see all the other wonderful entries. Hope to see all of you there!!

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:04pm
post #57 of 71

Melvira and Moydear in the same building at the same time, not to mention all the rest of us--this is going to be like a rock star event for me!!!!!

moydear77 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:50pm
post #58 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencked

Melvira and Moydear in the same building at the same time, not to mention all the rest of us--this is going to be like a rock star event for me!!!!!

I am still giggling! Too funny!

moydear77 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 2:51pm
post #59 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by okred

My advice, don't take any non-cake addicts with you, my daughters were ready to leave by noon,

This year I'm having my husband drop me off (parking is horrible) and he can do his own thing and I can stay all day

Maryann, can't wait to see your cakes!

Oh there will be many sleepless nights for the next twenty seven at least!

Hippiemama Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 12:46am
post #60 of 71

I went shopping today and picked up pink shirts, lol! See you all then!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%