Anyone Watch Days Of Our Lives Or Y&r??????

Lounge By mnmmommy Updated 7 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm by wendysue

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:57am
post #1 of 22

If you watch DOOL what do you think of the new writer? I don't like what they are doing to Sami, I wish they would have her grow up already. Give her a break. I wish Kate would get caught and banished.

For Y&R, anyone see it today with Aaron Neville? I like this show because it really seems to move pretty fast. I think Phyllis is really Sheila and the real Phyllis is dead!

21 replies
cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 5:29am
post #2 of 22

I've been watching Days for about 20 years now. I don't think it's as good as it used to be. I also don't like that so many people have left the show recently (Austin & Carrie and especially Jack & Jennifer). I don't like the new Shawn very much. Sorry ... I guess I'm being pretty negative. I agree with you about Sami ... they need to make good things happen to her sometimes. I am very happy to have Steve and Kayla back (though I'm not a big fan of Stephanie), and I'm glad to have John and Marlena back after their summer-long hiatus. Note that as much as I complain about the show, I'll never stop watching it!!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 5:35am
post #3 of 22

I would really like to love the show but it has gotten so hard. There was just a big change up in the writers and it seems to be doing a little better. It seems like before if you caught it once a month you were still up to date on things. I do miss Jack and Jennifer and don't care too much for Stephanie or Chelsea. What's with this Willow chick too?

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 1:27am
post #4 of 22

Willow bugs me out! LOL. I don't particuly like the new Shawn either. I just got hooked to the show a few months ago. My DH freaked! LOL

Mistyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mistyscakes Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:06am
post #5 of 22

GOOD NEWS GUYS WHO LIKED DOOL LIKE IT USE TO BE. THE NEW WRITER DOES NOT LIKE ALIENS, OR ANYTHING OF THE STUPID STUFF THAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING OVER THE LAST YEARS. I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL THIS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ( I'LL JUST SAY SORRY NOW TO THEM), BUT ALL THE COUPLES WILL BE GETTING BACK TOGETHER. IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE IT WAS WHEN IT FIRST CAME ON. ALL ABOUT LOVE,ROMANCE THAT WE WANT TO SEE. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO THINKS E.J. IS STEFINO (MISPELLED I KNOW) LONG LOST SON. FOR US SAMMY LOVERS I THINK THE WRITER WILL MAKE HER HAPPY. I LOVE Y& R ALSO. SORRY AGAIN FOR THE ONES WHO DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW THIS.

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 3:53am
post #6 of 22

Have any of you noticed EJ's strange blinking problem? He blinks A LOT! Especially when he's trying to be serious.

But actually the thing that annoys me the most about DOOL is that they will create a suspenseful situation (i.e. Willow inviting Mimi to meet her new boyfriend) and then show you what happens in the previews at the end of the show. There's no suspense! AAArrrgggh!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 1:36am
post #7 of 22

I've been watching dool for 10 years.

It's become hard to watch if you miss an episode or two for me, so....I'm hoping things will improve.

Thanks for the heads up, Misty cakes!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 4:10am
post #8 of 22

I am a huge Y&R fan. I love the show right now especially what is going on with Drucilla and Neal. I don't think the real Phyllis is dead but I do think sheila may have kidnapped her and she's just moving in on Lauren and Michael and she's going to try to kidnap their baby and i'm so glad that they are finally letting Victor get back to his old self. I would probably quit watching the show if he were to be let go. I know, I know , I really know too much about this show but this is the only one I watch and I have watched it since grade school. I do love it though!

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 7:55am
post #9 of 22

BIG DOOL FAN!!!

But, these past few months things have gone down hill!!

First I do have to say, I want the old Belle back! no, not the one that was on for like 2 weeks or whatever it was but the original Belle!

Next, the new shaun, icon_mad.gif get him out of there! Things are just not the same!!
Chelsea,(SP?) Can't stand her! The first one or this one!

Kate, Slut! (sorry!) How old is she supposed to be anyway?
Will, Sorry, i am really wanting to give him a haircut!!!

Sami, Poor girl!

And last but not least, EJ- he needs to go back to All My Children!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 1:53pm
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

BIG DOOL FAN!!!

But, these past few months things have gone down hill!!

First I do have to say, I want the old Belle back! no, not the one that was on for like 2 weeks or whatever it was but the original Belle!

Next, the new shaun, icon_mad.gif get him out of there! Things are just not the same!!
Chelsea,(SP?) Can't stand her! The first one or this one!

Kate, Slut! (sorry!) How old is she supposed to be anyway?
Will, Sorry, i am really wanting to give him a haircut!!!

Sami, Poor girl!

And last but not least, EJ- he needs to go back to All My Children!

I agree with everything you said!!!! Will's hair is out of control! That seems to be the style with boys that age, but I think it looks awful!!! I miss the original Belle, too. I would be a lot more interested in that whole storyline if she was still on the show. I've often wondered how old Kate is supposed to be, too!!! Chelsea also gets on my last nerve. Come on girl, grow up and stop whining!!!! Gotta love Days!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 1:58pm
post #11 of 22

I just Love Y&R!!! I have been watching it for over 15 yrs.I think Sheila is Phyllis also....But I think Sheila will steal Phyllis and Nicks baby noy Michael and Lauren's.

o0lilnikki0o Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
o0lilnikki0o Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 10:17am
post #12 of 22

ive been watching dool probably since i was 4 with my mom... and i cant STAND the new shawn! i can bearly watch it anymore because of him.. my boyfriend doesnt like him either. ( lol yes i got my bf addicted to DOOL too!) and i TOTALLY miss the old bell! and i do also wish they would allow sammy to grow up..

i STILL dont think its as bad as when they killed off ALL of salem with the
"salem stalker".. that was ridiculas!

how long have the new writers been in?

do u think if we ALL wrote in they would change the new shawn?!?!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 4:30am
post #13 of 22

I am so curious as to how Sheila will come back. I am beginning to think that maybe she won't actually come back but Lauren will keep obsessing about it and drive herself nuts.

badgerang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badgerang Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 2:47pm
post #14 of 22

I am obsessed with Y&R and I'm not ashamed! icon_twisted.gif
Sheila can not be dead but I'm not sure I think she is Phyllis either. I hope not anyway because Nick and Phyllis are HOT together! I will be devastated! As for Dru and Neil, I am so sick of everyone taking up for her and acting like Carmen was overreacting. I never have liked Dru, however, I don't think she killed Carmen. I heard that the actress who plays Lilly will be leaving the show so maybe she killed Carmen??? And I am soooo glad hard a$$ Victor is back! I was getting sick of the mushy wussy Victor! Oh, and something is definitely sketchy with Janna and Colleen's professor...

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 3:46pm
post #15 of 22

Does anyone know the inside scoop... why did the original Belle leave? Why has Shawn left? I don't like the new Shawn either, but mainly because I really liked the original. It's hard to have a new actor inserted into a story and tell yourself, ok that's the same character... it just doesn't work very well.

I've been watching Days for over 20 years, probably started when I was 11 or so??? I'm 35 now. My sitter was a fan, so I started watching then and got caught up in the stories. It's the only soap I've ever followed.

I agree that Sami should be allowed to mature and be a good girl, but at the same time think she plays the role so well that they aren't likely to let that happen. She's actually a very good actress because she does all sorts of terrible things, but somehow you still like her! She's in my opinion one of the best actors on the show. She's my favorite anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't get into the Steve and Kayla thing... even though I watched back when they were hot on the show. It's just not that interesting to me now. I can't for the life of me figure out why they have killed Jack off so many times and brought him back... I've lost count as to how many times that man has died or gone missing on the show. You know Jennifer has even been killed and brought back, then again so has Hope, and scores of others. Just goofy, but guess it makes for good stories.... or at least it makes for good drama.

qtkaylassweets Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 5:36pm
post #16 of 22

The original Belle left because she was going to star on a show called "clubhouse". It was on CBS and it only lasted for a short time. (maybe only a couple of weeks, not sure)
She does still make appearances on the disney channel which is where she was from. Other than that, no clue where she is now.

They talked about the original shawn getting work elsewhere too.
BIG MISTAKE!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

Steve and Kayla, big bore to me! I am more into the Marlena and John thing.
And I wish they would just tell Hope and Bo that the baby is his. They need to be happy again.

wendysue Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 5:49pm
post #17 of 22

I agree with the Bo and Hope thing, they sure know how to beat a dead horse! Think about how long the baby Claire thing lasted. I almost didn't care anymore when he found out it was his... which by the way was a horrible day because the new Shawn was the one dealing with the news. Here we're watching with anticipation of Shawn's reaction, then an actor we don't know shows up. It was almost enough to make me quit watching. I've been looking for an excuse anyway. I think for the most part the show is silly, even though I watch!

wendysue Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 5:59pm
post #18 of 22

You know I just remembered something, I think the actress that played Belle is now on another soap. It seems to me that when I was channel surfing one afternoon I saw her on an ABC soap, but don't know what it was.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 6 Nov 2006 , 6:54pm
post #19 of 22

I have been watching DOOL since 1967 when it was black and white(missed some episodes periodically). this is my favorite all time soap. The only thing that drives me nuts is that why the #&!! Why did they bring "Roman" back with the actor that used to play "Chris Kozacheck"? Everytime they show "Roman" in my brain I keep remembering how he was as "Chris". Then they had "Alex North" character come on and he was played by the original "Roman"(and his new face lift). Do they not think there are a bunch of us oldies that remember back on those shows? I love when they have the memories/flashbacks that show years ago, when "Frankie and Jen" were first together, or when "Hope" first came on from boarding school and her cheeks were actually chubby. When "Bo and Hope" got married. I wish they had all those old episodes on DVD. OK-Ill stop now, I could talk for hours about this show......I also saw the very first ever episode of Y&R!!! icon_biggrin.gif

badgerang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badgerang Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:22am
post #20 of 22

I can't stand it! They need to go ahead and let us know who killed Carmen! It's driving me nuts! icon_twisted.gif

qtkaylassweets Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 4:40am
post #21 of 22

ok- am I missing something? Bonnie is buying this chicks baby???!!!
This is the same girl that was having Mimi's baby right?!
When did bonnie come into this?

LOST, VERY LOST!!!

Oh, and, I HATE WILLOW!!! (that is her name right?)
Just looking at her makes me want to poke at her eyes. icon_twisted.gif

wendysue Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm
post #22 of 22

When Bonnie found out that Mimi and Phillip had signed away their rights to their baby (not very believable), she got in touch with the serrogate mother and told her she wanted to raise her grandchild and would do anything for the rights to the baby. She's concerned that it may be Mimi's only child, since she has fertility issues, and that egg had to be harvested.

I don't like Willow either and once again it's so unrealistic that Shawn would move on with someone like her. I like a good story, but it has to make some kind of sense! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%