Do You Have Extra Cakes?

Decorating By Oldlthrnecksgirl Updated 29 Oct 2006 , 12:36am by praetorian2000

Oldlthrnecksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oldlthrnecksgirl Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 12:12am
post #1 of 6

The subject title might sound a bit strange? lol. I have been taking the Wilton cake decorating courses and have made quite a few cakes recently. My husband and I just don't eat that much cake and we certainly don't need the extra pounds. He suggested I look around for a shelter that I could donate my cakes too. On the advice of a friend, I found a womens shelter that has been happy to take my "extra" cakes off my hands. Now I will make them one a week,,, I get my practice in and make some women happy. I guess you could say I get my cake and eat it too,,, without gaining the weight icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 12:21am
post #2 of 6

That's a great idea, but unfortunately, it is forbidden where I live. Since it is not made in a commercial kitchen, where conditions are alleged to be monitored, it is forbidden by local law to donate this type of item to any shelter or organization.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 12:23am
post #3 of 6

I give cakes away ALL THE TIME. My generosity is not regulated by any law. The day I can't do a nice deed for somebody.....they can lock me up.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 12:25am
post #4 of 6

I'm jealous. That is why I give so many cakes to my family. Practice cakes leave my house every weekend. Mostly just dessert cakes, so I can try out new cake recipes. But what the heck, right, either way I'm practicing.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptain Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 12:26am
post #5 of 6

That is such a great idea. And very nice of you. I give alot of mine to family and neighbors, Iam very popular in the neighborhood.LOL ,and we also have 5 grown kids at home so they eat ALOT!!!

praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 12:36am
post #6 of 6

my cakes, candies, cookies, cheesecakes, brownies, and misc desserts all go to my co-workers. and when too much time passes in between me bringing something in, i hear it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%