Too Much Lemon??

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 1:52am by -Tubbs

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:25am
post #1 of 15

I made a lemon cake with the lemon sleeve filling. Frosted the cake with BC. Would it be too much if I added some Real Lemon, lemon juice to the BC that I'm using for the border and cornelli lace?

TIA,
Kat

14 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:47am
post #2 of 15

My only thought is to make a batch and find out. If you do, let us know how it turns out.

katwomen1up Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:59am
post #3 of 15

The cake is for someone else & I don't have any scraps or extra's to try it on. I don't want to give it to a Customer if it's too much lemon. Oh well

Kat

MAGGISMITH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAGGISMITH Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:03am
post #4 of 15

My experience with Reallemon is that it is really, really strong. I make lemon buttercream by putting 1/2 to 1 tsp. grated lemon zest into my regular buttercream icing--this way there is just a hint of lemon, especiall if I'm using lemon cake and filling.

katwomen1up Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 2:52am
post #5 of 15

Thank you, I will keep that in mind for the next time.

Kat

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 2:57am
post #6 of 15

We made a lemon cake for someone who wanted it tart. We used real lemon juice plus lemon snow cone syrup iced with buttercream. It was soooooooo good and they loved it. And boy was it tart.

katwomen1up Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:13am
post #7 of 15

Suebee, Oh that sounds so good. I will keep that in mind too. Where can you get the syrup? Some place like Gordon Foods (Restaurant supply)

Kat

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:26am
post #8 of 15

You could also use a real lemon extract. I made a lemon- lime cake this past weekend, and it was good. I alternated that lemon sleeve filling, with a homemade lime filling. It was refreshing.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:40am
post #9 of 15

I use lemon juice in my BC with vanilla and almond flavoring.

This last week-end I made a lemon cake used my BC no almond though- allergies at the party.

Anyway I covered the cake with fondant flavored with lemonade flavor and it was really good. People came back for more.

Good Luck.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by katwomen1up

I made a lemon cake with the lemon sleeve filling. Frosted the cake with BC. Would it be too much if I added some Real Lemon, lemon juice to the BC that I'm using for the border and cornelli lace?

TIA,
Kat

Is this a trick question?? Too much lemon?? No way!

I have a cake that is often requested: Lemon cake, made with lemon juice instead of water, lemon buttercream made with fresh lemon juice and filled with homemade TART lemon filling.
Can you say PUCKER??
It's yummmmy!!

annieliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:45am
post #11 of 15

i've made the cake with the snow cone syrup and everybody loved it. i had to make another one for a friend at work. my fiancee says there's no such thing as too much lemon. everybody loved it.

katwomen1up Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:02pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks everyone! icon_biggrin.gif I'll no better for next time. I guess I'll have to make a small one ( a few actually) for home to try it different ways so I'll know what's the best way to go. I didn't want to use my customer as a Guinea Pig. Thanks again.

Kat

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 4:06pm
post #13 of 15

agreed using a customer as a Guinea pig is not a good idea.... now your family and friends are fair game! icon_wink.gif

Good Luck

katwomen1up Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:50am
post #14 of 15

icon_lol.gif You are so right gateaux.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:52am
post #15 of 15

I LOVE lemon! Actually made a lemon cake today, with lemon buttercream and filled with lemon curd. I could hardly let it out the door I was so desperate to try it. Still haven't washed the mixer bowl because there are still a few smudges of icing that I haven't managed to eat.

Too much lemon? No such thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%