My Shop Is Being Built Right Now As I Type!!!!!!

Business By peacockplace Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 2:38am by peacockplace

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 20

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I posted a while back about the problems we were having with the loan and everything. Finally it has all been solved. We have a second garage in the back yard that was being built as an apartment before we bought the house. When we moved in, it just became storage.

Right now as I type this, my DH is out there with a contractor building a wall so that the electrician can come tomorrow, then the plumber on Wednesday. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am absolutely dying with excitement right now!

I just want to give a big thanks to all of you who gave me encouragement when I was down! Also, a huge thanks to whoever posted the link to auctionzip.com. We found an auction and got most of the stuff I needed for the shop at great prices! Some of my stainless steel tables are brand new. I will try to post some pics of the progress soon.

I'm eating a spoon of peanut butter cream frosting, and doing a happy dance! icon_biggrin.gif

19 replies
countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 20

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif WEll now, don't die of excitement, then you won't be able to use that new shop! I will be making cookies in honor of your new shop and will do a happy dance for you!@ So happy!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 20

Doing a BIG happy dance for you!!!!

How exciting! Keep us posted!

peacockplace Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 20

Thanks guys! I'm trying to stay in the house and not run out there every few minuits to see what's happening.... and now I'm on to my second spoonful of peanut butter frosting

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 20

Many congrats to you!! I wish for only the best for you and I'm excited for you! Don't think I'd be in the house much either...I'd probably be in the way. LOL LOL

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 20

Pictures!! We want pictures!! Congrats!!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 20

Soooo happy for you!!!! Please post pictures! icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 2:49am
post #8 of 20

Thank you all. I'll try to take some pics in the morning. That is the prettiest wall (or at least the frame of a wall) I've ever seen! icon_biggrin.gif

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 5:19am
post #9 of 20

Congrats! Keep us posted thumbs_up.gif

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:17am
post #10 of 20

I'm excited for you too! I've looked at your photos, your cakes are wonderful. God has blessed you with a wonderful talent. Pam from Bama

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:35am
post #11 of 20

Congrats icon_lol.gif I hope you will soon be making many new cake memories in your new shop!
Ditto on the pics

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:47am
post #12 of 20

Congrats from me also. I wish you luck and lots and lots of orders. Went and looked at your pictures WOW you are good, your cakes really are fantastic.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 11:30am
post #13 of 20

Very exciting! You're work is sure to sell..please post pictures.

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:02pm
post #14 of 20

Congrats to you!!! How exciting-so nice to live vicariously through everyone with shops here at CC! Can't wait to see the pics!

Sweetiemama

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:10pm
post #15 of 20

Big congratulations!! I hope the rest of the construction gets done quickly so you can get in there and start spreading the icing instead of eating it!!

meredetrois Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredetrois Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:51pm
post #16 of 20

That is so exciting! Congratulations icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:51pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

Big congratulations!! I hope the rest of the construction gets done quickly so you can get in there and start spreading the icing instead of eating it!!

No kidding... I eat way too much icing! It's the cure for a long stressul day. When the kids go to bed, I grab a spoonful of icicing and sit on the couch. icon_lol.gif

You all have been so kind. I absolutely love making cakes. It is my passion. I know that I would not be this far along in the process without CC!

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 5:27pm
post #18 of 20

What a blessing!! Congratulations!!

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 6:52pm
post #19 of 20

Congratulations and best wishes on your new shop! I'm so excited for you. I hope to join the ranks some day! Can't wait to see those pictures.

peacockplace Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 2:38am
post #20 of 20

Ok.. I promise pictures tomorrow. We just made it back from yet another trip to Home Depot. Boy those trips get expensive! I get all excited over goofy little stuff, like the new door knobs I got, or the curvy track lighting. Thanks again to all of you for the encouragement!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%