My First Cake!

Decorating By Kit_Girl Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 2:59pm by gracy

Kit_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kit_Girl Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 12

Ok well really my second cake- I'll post both of them for you.
The first one is the Candy Corn Cake.

The second one I did is a Checkered Board Baby Boy cake.

I think they both turned out pretty good for not taking any classes or anything.

Let me know what you think!

Tracy

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 12

they're fantastic!!! I love the candy corn one.........did you bake the inside the different colors too?? those are so cool.........you did a fabulous job with the stars too.....and I love your writing on the baby shower cake........not so easy writing nicely on a cake.....and you did it very well!!!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 12

You are off to a good start. My only question is how did you manage to type your post after making all those stars? icon_lol.gif Makes my wrist ache just looking at the picture!

Will look forward to seeing more of your cakes.

Diane

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 12

Good job. Both are very nice cakes. Candy corn for Halloween? Love it. icon_biggrin.gif

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 12

You did a great job. I'm self taught too.

daisyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyz Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 12

Wow! These are terrific--I can't imagine trying to begin cake decorating without classes! I especially like the candycorn cake--so cute!!! Keep up the good work! And welcome to CakeCentral! icon_smile.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 12

Pretty darn good for your first attempt! Pretty soon you'll be an expert! Keep up the good work, you know what they say, "practice makes perfect"! Keep us posted!

Kit_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kit_Girl Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks everyone you are all so kind. I plan on making some more cakes- everyone at work loves them. I am finding it hard to squeeze in the cake decorating tho- I am 22 and work full time and go to school 2 days a week.

The next cake I am going to try is one with MM Fondant- I'll make sure to post pics either here or in the disaster section. he he.

Take care,
Tracy

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 12

Boy I tell you what.. You tried stars for the first cake?? OUCH.. I feel you lionladydi..

You did Great job!!! cant wait to see your MMF cake!!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:56pm
post #10 of 12

Great looking cakes. I just did the candy corn cake, but my center white part did not come out centers like yours did. Looks great!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:57pm
post #11 of 12

I think you are doing a wonderful job! If makin cakes makes ya happy, you gotta find a way to fit it in.

gracy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracy Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:59pm
post #12 of 12

Hey! Everyone starts some where. This is the same thing with me Ive been making my cakes for about 4 months, since my wilton class and I still need to practice some more. Your cakes did come out nice keep up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%