Need Help

Decorating By kkswmmr114 Updated 26 Aug 2007 , 1:54am by Yorkiemum

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:04am
post #1 of 7

A co-worker has asked for my help. I think next she is going to ask me to make it. Her mother is turning 100 and loves angel food cake. I am completely stumped! These are the only two pieces of information that she gave me. Does anyone have any ideas???

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:07am
post #2 of 7

you can use angel food as the cake........maybe you could do a tiered cake and have the top tier be all for the lady of honor and have it made from angel food cake?

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:24am
post #3 of 7

Boy!! That is something to think about. Ive made angel food cake before but Ive never tried to decorated one. If she likes fruit maybe you could
make something like a strawberry shortcake. Oh I got it!!! Use a
7 Minute frosting its light enough so that it wont weigh the cake down and the taste is very light so it wont overpower. Its hard to decorate with but if you frost the cake making swirls with your spatula it will give an airy-looking light as "angels wings" appearance. Make it tiered and decorate with gumpaste flowers. Hope that sound good.

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:43am
post #4 of 7

I started a thread on this a while ago, plus I know there are several others on CC. If you do find a recipe for Angel Food cake that is sturdy enough to ice and decorate - please post it! I spent hours and hours researching it and tried a recipe that was supposed to be sturdy enough to decorate.....there was no way - it was just too light and spongy. It would have totally sunk under icing. I ended up using it in a trifle (actually my 8 yr. old daughter did - she had to do a presentation on England at school, so she took trifle to share....she got an A+!!!)

Yorkiemum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yorkiemum Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #5 of 7

Bless that ladys heart! If she's turning 100 she deserves what she likes best. I'm with 1nannette. Use a light frosting. I've used whipped cream frosting on it many times but I have no idea how you could decorate it.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #6 of 7

I can't help you with the angel food cake part, but I have made a few 100th birthday cakes. This is my favorite! And the "birthday girl" said it was the prettiest cake she had ever seen. Made me feel good, for sure!
LL

Yorkiemum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yorkiemum Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:54am
post #7 of 7

Thats a great idea. Pretty cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%