Ka Dough Hook

Decorating By mscorliss Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 1:38pm by mscorliss

mscorliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mscorliss Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone had their KA dough hook to break on you? I was making MMF (recipe on this site) and my hook snapped right off. I have emailed the company, but they have not replied.

8 replies
travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 9

I only use my dough hook for MMF. It has not broken. However, when using the dough hook on the KA, they instruct you never to go higher than speed #3. I am assuming that is why.

mscorliss Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 9

That may have been it. I will certainly keep that in mind next time. Thanks for your reply............... icon_smile.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 9

If you go higher than 3 then it will break. Also if the mmf is getting too stiff that could have done it also.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 9

I've seen others on here say that they've had theirs brake.......have also seen others that had the motor on the KA burn out!!! yikes!

lemoncurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lemoncurd Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 9

Can you buy the metal one? All my attachments are metal. I don't think you could break them if you tried, espeically the dough hook. You'd burn the motor out before it would break!

But I'm not sure if they fit all models.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 9

i have used mine. its not broken either. it sounds funny though. didnt think that it could just break on you.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:32pm
post #8 of 9

I use my KA Hook attachment all the time when making MMF...and my KA Mixer is 15 yrs. old.
Which part did it break from ? That part where you push and twist to attach it to the main part ? I can't even imagine this would happen.
That's odd. icon_eek.gif

mscorliss Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 1:38pm
post #9 of 9

It just snapped off just about where the first curve starts. I probably had it on a setting that
was too fast. I hate it, especially since it is going to cost about 20.00 to replace. I am happy
that the motor didn't burn up though........... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%