What Do You Do When You Are Sick?

Lounge By emilykakes Updated 27 Oct 2006 , 1:38am by tcturtleshell

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 11:15am
post #1 of 11

Whenever me or my DH get sick it's always the same thing...Dayquil, Halls max, Throat coat tea and vaporizers. So I was just wondering what other people like to use/do for colds?

10 replies
AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 11

Advil cold/sinus is awesome!! I swear by it when I get sick. Goodluck!

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 11

I swear by Alka Seltzer Plus cold medicine. I've used it for years and it really does work! I also like vitamin C lozenges, hot herbal tea and don't forget the homemade chicken soup. icon_biggrin.gif

Cinderella24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinderella24 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 11

P.J.'s, Cold meds, tissue, fluffy socks, ginger ale, hot tea, soup, water, lots of rest, and a good movie.

infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 3:59am
post #5 of 11

The second I start to feel sick, I start taking some Cold-eeze tablets, vitamin C and an over-the-counter cold pill (antihistamine & decongestant). 90% of the time, it just goes away and I don't get sick. I just bought some Zicam and I'm going to add that to my list next time to see if it works.

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:51am
post #6 of 11

Lots of Vit C, bioflavinoids, echinecea, and zinc for a sore throat.

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 5:58am
post #7 of 11

if its a cold we do nyquil. i do it for three nights, and usually by the second night i am feeling tons better. i have my hubby on echinacea. it keps hime rom getting bronchitis. he used to get it every year. i am anxious to see how we do this yeat with illness. i havent smoked for 4 months and he hasn't for 3 1/2

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 5:35am
post #8 of 11

As soon as I start to feel sick I pull a chicken out of the freezer and make soup. Works every time thumbs_up.gif

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:45pm
post #9 of 11

sleep and hot coffee. I hate the groggy feeling I get from cold medicine.

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 6:18pm
post #10 of 11

I've got a compromised immune system and a young daughter in the public schools, so when I get sick, I get hit hard and can spiral downward fast to pneumonia!

This is what I do to help my body fight the virus and/or bacteria. It works very well:

1) Stop eating all refined sugar, including any hidden in processed foods. (The sugar in one can of soda pop, for example, will suppress your immune system by 40-80% for up to six hours!)

2) Eat only "whole" foods (fruit, vegetables, grains, protein, home-made smoothies, fruit juices, soups) and no junk. The body needs quality fuel to fight.

3) East very small amounts of food. (The body uses enormous amounts of energy to digest when it could be fighting the germs instead; it can't really do both at the same time.)

4) Eat plain (unsweetened) yogurt, a spoonful here and there, especially if on antibiotics.

5) Do sinus washes as needed. I think these have saved my life!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 1:38am
post #11 of 11

I get pneumonia really fast too so my doc hits it fast. I get a shot of celestone in my bootie! icon_smile.gifThat's all that works for me! Well rest does help too~ icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%