How Far Ahead Of Time For An Edible Image?

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 23 Oct 2006 , 1:18pm by veejaytx

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 5

I am attempting my first edible image (icing sheet) today and need to know how long ahead of the event does it need to go on the cake? Will 3 hours be enough? Thanks for your help!

4 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 5

That will be fine. Place it on the cake after frosting but before the frosting crusts. If it has already crusted - very lightly mist the top of the cake with a spray bottle and place the image on. You don't want it wet or the color might run but you do want it moist so the icing sheet will "mesh" with the frosting.

Debbie

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 5

I just did one a few weeks ago and put it on the cake the day before then put the cake in the fridge. She thought it was delicious.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 5

The last two cakes in my pics had images on them. I printed the images Monday evening - decoraged the cakes and placed the images Thursday evening and refrigerated them until Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. They were both fine and delish!

Debbie

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 5

The purse cake I just made was finished on Friday and because of a delay in the "party" it stayed in the refrigerator until Sunday, and it was fine. I did put it in the refrigerator (in a covered carrier) because it was still warm here and it was looking a little soft. Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%