How Do I Get Buddies? Destined To Be Billy-No-Mates?

Decorating By emmascakes Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 7:17pm by janbabe

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:14am
post #1 of 58

I noticed today that there's something in my profile about 'buddies' This sounds very lovely - what's it all about? How does one get 'buddies'? I spend a bit of time everyday on here and always make an effor to reply to posts, particularly those with not many replies or from new people but no-one has asked me to be their buddy. Is there some kind of etiquette about this or am I just an awful person?

57 replies
YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:16am
post #2 of 58

You must smell or something lmao! Just kidding I don't have any either. Not sure what the go is but I will be your buddy if you like. I don't know how to add you or anything though!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:29am
post #3 of 58

emmascakes;

I would be honored to call you a buddy. I added you as a buddy, after I figured out how to do it.

To add someone as a buddy you click on their profile button on a topic post (or look them up in the Memberlist), and click on Buddy. That will add them to your buddy list. You can look at your buddy list by clicking on Buddy list in the forum area.

I'll be your buddy if you'll be mine. I need all the buddies I can get! icon_cool.gif

RP

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:30am
post #4 of 58

Well I am guessing when you look up the profile of someone you can click on their buddy icon and it puts them on your buddy list so you can keep track of them (like if they are on line when you are) and they can do the same to you. I haven't tried looking under the help tab yet, it might be more helpful.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:30am
post #5 of 58

Nice offer Yummy Fire Mummy! Being friends with the smelly one icon_wink.gif I have no idea how to 'become' a buddy either. I always reply to the PMs I get spending ages explaining how I've made stuff to people and none of them have ever asked to be my buddy - sniff...

dolfin Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:31am
post #6 of 58

LOL, ok redpanda I guess I am just following you around tonight!!! We seem to be on the same line.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:43am
post #7 of 58

emmascakes,

You have the honor and distinction of being my very first (and to date, only) buddy.

You create amazingly beautiful cakes icon_eek.gif

And let's forget about the smelly thing.... icon_lol.gif

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:48am
post #8 of 58

Wow, I never knew about the buddy thing, and I think I've written a million posts here (oh, wait, only like 500). I'll check it out and I'll be your buddy, too, if you'd like !!! icon_smile.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:49am
post #9 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin

LOL, ok redpanda I guess I am just following you around tonight!!! We seem to be on the same line.

Seems like it. icon_lol.gif

Questions like this, I can answer. Questions about MMF, NFSC, and lots of other things, I can only read and learn.

RP

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:56am
post #10 of 58

Buddy on Up... I'm in if you don't mind having an 'ol ex-surfer girl gone country'. To date I have one buddy but welcome anyone else who wants to Buddy Up too.

Gloria I cowboy.gif

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 7:00am
post #11 of 58

Not even sure I'm worthy, but I'd LOVE to be your buddy! I didn't know the feature existed before you said something.

I've admired your cakes since the first one I ever saw. You are amazing.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:14am
post #12 of 58

I also learned somethig new today... never even knew that feature existed icon_redface.gif

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:23am
post #13 of 58

Never to old to learn something new!!

riana.... Hi neighbour!! I'm in Centurion.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:26am
post #14 of 58

Im actually in Krugersdorp, so we really are neighbours icon_biggrin.gif

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:30am
post #15 of 58

Don't want to hijack Emmacakes thread, but this is a small world!! icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:34am
post #16 of 58

Wow, this is great, I didn't know how to do the Buddy List either, so this morning I have some great buddies to put on my list, and I'd be happy to be on somebodies too!

Thanks for the discovery! Janice

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:06am
post #17 of 58

Wow, emmascakes, you're cakes are outstanding! Absolutely beautiful! I don't even dream of doing cakes that wonderful. You can add little ol" me to you're list, if ya want too.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:45am
post #18 of 58

I'm buddyless too, icon_cry.gif but would be happy to have all of you as buddies. icon_biggrin.gif I just have to go figure out how to do it.

kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:45am
post #19 of 58

I don't have any buddies either anyone wanna be my friend.....

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 12:27pm
post #20 of 58

I didn't even know we had that feature lol, I guess because no one has ever wanted to be my buddy sniff, sniff. I'm getting ready to go take a bath will that help? LOL

dolfin Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:28pm
post #21 of 58

Geez, I thought I was the only one buddyless icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I now have added you all to my list. Let us see what happens. Are you notified when someone puts you on their list? I have allergies, can't smell a thing so bathing is optional for you all.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:52pm
post #22 of 58

Hi, Emmascakes, I'm a fellow Brit, is'nt this site great..... I also chat to the cake girls on the message board at BSG.... I really dont want offend anyone on there cos all the girls are great and so tallented....but its just how can I put this...weeee'll a wee bit boring icon_redface.gif compared to the CC site...please please dont be offended BSG.... I just find theres more exitement on here....there I've said it icon_wink.gif hope you dont mind I've put you on my buddy list....I too did'nt realize it was there... thumbs_up.gif

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 3:02pm
post #23 of 58

Never heard of this buddy thang. Interesting.

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 3:42pm
post #24 of 58

Not to be dense or anything...but what's the point of a buddy list? Is there a secret buddy handshake or password or something? icon_lol.gif Just kidding, but really, is there something that being on a buddy list or having someone on yours that is like a special "perk"? Don't get me wrong...I would like to have some people on my buddy list----I'm on this site all the time anyway, might as well get some "buddies" out of it, but what if I put someone on my buddy list and they don't want to be there? icon_surprised.gif Wait...I'm having a high-school flashback....ok, it's gone now...what was I saying? Seriously, is there buddy etiquette? icon_biggrin.gif

kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 7:16pm
post #25 of 58

Hi Emma,
I was just reading your post about the whole buddy thing and thought I'd ask a question? Where are you in England? I live in Norfolk and I am learning as fast as I can. I'm planning to go to the cake show in Birmingham in Nov and I can't wait!!! I see you teach, where do you do classes? Any other shows you can recomend? It would be really nice to meet someone around here that shares my love of decorating cakes.

Thanks,
Karrie

dolfin Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 7:34pm
post #26 of 58

Well from what I can see, (no secret handshakes or passwords) when you click on buddy list it lets you know which of your buddies is online and has a pm button so you can pm them, also lists who is not on-line and who has you listed as a buddy. There is also an ignore buddy button, I am guessing you click on when you don't want to interact with buddy.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 9:32pm
post #27 of 58

Hi Karrie, I live in Robin Hood land, Nottinghamshire....I'm hoping to be at the show in Birmingham too, but not sure yet which day it will be, perhaps we could wear a badge that represents CC, (any ideas on that?) so as we could all recognize each other...it would be great to meet some other CC fans.

Denise thumbs_up.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 9:48pm
post #28 of 58

Emmascakes your snowman cake is so adorable. I want to attempt to do it for my family holiday party(It won't look half as good as yours). I was wondering how you did the snowflakes on the sides.

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:11pm
post #29 of 58

hey i'm here 2,...3....4........uh hem, SEVERAL, times a day LOL. Anybody wanna be my buddy??? icon_biggrin.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:22pm
post #30 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear

hey i'm here 2,...3....4........uh hem, SEVERAL, times a day LOL. Anybody wanna be my buddy??? icon_biggrin.gif

Sure mommabear. I'll be your buddy. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%