How Do I Get Buddies? Destined To Be Billy-No-Mates?

Decorating By emmascakes Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 7:17pm by janbabe

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:27pm
post #31 of 58

Add me to the list of the buddy-less. icon_cry.gif I've seen the icon, but didn't know what it was for/how it works. icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif

Emma, I have to say how much I admire your work! Your cakes are absolutely amazing!

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:32pm
post #32 of 58

dolfin wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Well from what I can see, (no secret handshakes or passwords) when you click on buddy list it lets you know which of your buddies is online and has a pm button so you can pm them, also lists who is not on-line and who has you listed as a buddy. There is also an ignore buddy button, I am guessing you click on when you don't want to interact with buddy.

Thanks for clearing that up dolfin! thumbs_up.gif
Ok, I just want to say anyone who needs a buddy, count me in!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:47pm
post #33 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynnb

dolfin wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well from what I can see, (no secret handshakes or passwords) when you click on buddy list it lets you know which of your buddies is online and has a pm button so you can pm them, also lists who is not on-line and who has you listed as a buddy. There is also an ignore buddy button, I am guessing you click on when you don't want to interact with buddy.

Thanks for clearing that up dolfin! thumbs_up.gif
Ok, I just want to say anyone who needs a buddy, count me in!

Yeah thanks for clearing that up. I was using the buddy list to keep track of the people who i wanted to find easily, and be able to go and see the cake pictures at any time, without having to search through the members list, i had NO IDEA that there was a way to tell who had me as a buddy. I was surprised!!!!
thanks dolfin
Nati

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:52pm
post #34 of 58

You are welcome and thank you for all the great cakes you post. Still haven't done the veggie tales cake for my grandson but he makes me pull it up from my favorites (the one you did) everytime he is here so he can see it!

TrisCorey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrisCorey Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 10:57pm
post #35 of 58

OK, I have added you as my buddies. I didn't even know it existed, but I definitely need buddies.

I hope you all are having fun on CC. I am so grateful that I found this sight.

Tris icon_biggrin.gif

daisyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyblue Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:03pm
post #36 of 58

I'm glad I saw this topic as a newbie, now I can have friends!!! LOL!! Emmascakes, I've added you as my very first official buddy & I hope to add a lot more too!!! Talk to you soon!!

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:08pm
post #37 of 58

Add me to the buddyless list ....didn't realize that feature was there either icon_smile.gif
Amy

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:08pm
post #38 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin

...he makes me pull it up from my favorites (the one you did) everytime he is here so he can see it!

OMG icon_surprised.gif that's just too adorable!!!
Thanks you just made my day : )
Nati

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:16pm
post #39 of 58

well, I want you all to be my buddy too! I need a HUG! Stickie frosting hands and all! icon_cry.gif

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:16pm
post #40 of 58

Wooo-who i got me some buddies (doin a happy dance icon_lol.gif )

Hey Emmascakes : Thanks for starting this post!

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:22pm
post #41 of 58

Hey I'm with you guys I thought nobody wanted to be my buddy either I think it's a bit clearer now thanks to this thread. If I ever wanted to pm someone I'd look them up on the Memberlist. I finally got my 1st pm and it's exciting to see that little envelope flashing. It's great to know I'm not the only one who had no idea.

kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:40am
post #42 of 58

Hi Denise,

I am planning to go for the whole weekend. Going on Friday to do the tourist thing (Cadbury World) Then off to the show Sat and Sunday. I have tickets to some of the demos they are booking up fast. I've never been there so I'm not sure what it will be like. Have you been before? I read they have things for sale too? Do they have a good selection? I would love to meet. Maybe have lunch? By the way I looked and your pictures and your cakes are beautiful. You are very talented.
Talk to you soon
Karrie icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:50am
post #43 of 58

Hi Karrie,

Now that we're all jealous we can't come and play.

Maybe you can bring us back a t-shirt souveneir?

Or post a picture of an appropriate t-shirt cake icon_lol.gif

Have fun!!!!

kdaze Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 6:12am
post #44 of 58

I hadn't even thought of T-shits!!! Something else to spend money on!
Anybody else in the UK going to the Cake Show in Birmingham? Maybe I should start a new thread?

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 6:39am
post #45 of 58

Ooooh ooooh can I have some friends too????

I so wish I was going to Birmingham.... sounds fantastic.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 9:48am
post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaze

Hi Denise,

I am planning to go for the whole weekend. Going on Friday to do the tourist thing (Cadbury World) Then off to the show Sat and Sunday. I have tickets to some of the demos they are booking up fast. I've never been there so I'm not sure what it will be like. Have you been before? I read they have things for sale too? Do they have a good selection? I would love to meet. Maybe have lunch? By the way I looked and your pictures and your cakes are beautiful. You are very talented.
Talk to you soon
Karrie icon_smile.gif

Hi karrie, you lucky girl, wish I was going both days, I'm hoping to find out today which day I may be able to attend, I have'nt been before, but have been told it's a grand affair, Iv'e just signed up with BSG and I'm hoping they can squeeze me in on there coach at this short notice.....I will send you a PM when I find out more, thanks for your kind comments on my cakes...

denise4 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 9:53am
post #47 of 58

Ps Karrie, you will LOVE cadbury world I've been there MMMMM, chocolate chocolate chocolate and more chocolate icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:13am
post #48 of 58

Have I left it too late to be a buddy or for someone want to be my buddy? I am going to add some of you to my list and if anyone wants a buddy - I am here!!!!
cheers
Jan

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:14am
post #49 of 58

Have decided THAT'S IT I'm going to the NEC!! .... Will rope my sister over from Dublin too! Going to sign up for practically everything!! If there's any spaces left .... I need all the help I can get! Would love to meet any CC'ers there. I live in Surrey, and suppose I'll have to drive up ... anyone know about parking there? I'm assuming there is a car park!?!
Thanks Emmascakes for educating us on the ole buddy list front .... am warning everyone now ... you're all going in mine!!

denise4 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:17am
post #50 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by janbabe

Have I left it too late to be a buddy or for someone want to be my buddy? I am going to add some of you to my list and if anyone wants a buddy - I am here!!!!
cheers
Jan

Hi Janbabe, your on my buddylist now.... icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

janbabe Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:30am
post #51 of 58

cheers Denise4, I will add you to mine as well. think its a brilliant idea to have buddies...
cheers Jan x

kdaze Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:47pm
post #52 of 58

Janbabe, I've added you as well. You can never have too many buddies! Could be fun to get together with everyone in Birmingham.

Karrie

Richard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richard Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 6:56pm
post #53 of 58

Janbabe

I would like to be your buddy. I know your from Bath England and that's really nice. Would you mind a buddy who lives in Windsor, Ontario Canada

Kathy

Richard Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 6:56pm
post #54 of 58

Janbabe

I would like to be your buddy. I know your from Bath England and that's really nice. Would you mind a buddy who lives in Windsor, Ontario Canada

Kathy

Richard Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 6:59pm
post #55 of 58

Now if someone will explain to me how do I put someone on my buddylist it will be just fine.

Kathy

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:05pm
post #56 of 58

Just click on the profile button of the person you would like to add, then click on the 'buddy' button in their profile and they will be added to your list!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:05pm
post #57 of 58

just click on their profile.....and you'll see an icon that says buddy.....click on it and it will add that person on YOUR buddy list!

janbabe Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 7:17pm
post #58 of 58

Hey Kathy and Kdaze I would love you to be my buddies and I would love to be yours as well, so will add you to my list!
Kathy, Ontario sounds like a fab place, I do have relatives over there somewhere, just not sure exactly where in Ontario!

Kdaze a couple of my friends from sugarcraft class are going to Birmingham and I have thought about going as well! icon_biggrin.gif

cheers jan x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%