Pineapple Shaped Cake

Decorating By alengirl Updated 16 Jul 2005 , 6:57am by missmersh

alengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alengirl Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Help!!! Need ideas or pictures to help me with a pineapple shaped cake request. I thought I saw a picture on the web before, but of course, I can't find it now. Help!!!! Thank in advance for any & all help thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 7

Hi,

Here's a pineapple cake. I didn't do this cake. It's from a book called Australian woman's magazine. It' looks easy, and it's cute!

Denise
LL
LL

niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 7

Colette Peters has a really pretty cake topper that is in the shape of a pineapple in her book on Weddings. It's a 3D version and all white.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:29am
post #4 of 7

I think I remember that pinapple post. You might be able to do it with the 3-D egg pan.
traci

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:36am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alengirl

icon_biggrin.gif Help!!! Need ideas or pictures to help me with a pineapple shaped cake request. I thought I saw a picture on the web before, but of course, I can't find it now. Help!!!! Thank in advance for any & all help thumbs_up.gif

Oh, oh, I did one looong time ago. I wish my picture was bigger. I used the Easter Egg pan and did the three color tone to achieve the color on the pineapple. The three colors were brown, yellow and green. I covered the pinepaple with the big star tip to make it look spikey like the pineapple surface and then with the big leaf tip I did the top of the pineapple.

Well, I can post it. Its too big. I will try by email.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:59am
post #6 of 7

Here is a site I found that actually sells a pineallple cake pan.
http://fantes.com/images/6216cake_shapes.jpg

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 6:57am
post #7 of 7

Hi,
Here is a pineapple cake that I did two weeks ago. I used the football pan for the pineapple and trimmed a little off the bottom to round it off. The leaves are fondant.
I hope this might help you and isn't too late.
I tried to post it on the site, but it wouldn't ever upload?

Leslie icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%