Timeline For Cakes

Decorating By chocolatera Updated 21 Oct 2006 , 6:19am by modthyrth

chocolatera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatera Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 3:05am
post #1 of 3

I know that when making a cake, wedding for example, it is possible to make so many things ahead of time. Could someone give an example of a timeline in making a tiered wedding cake that would be covered in fondant and have sugarpaste flowers as well as fondant decorations? Could you also let us know if there are any special storage ideas for any of these flowers, etc.? It would be so helpful to get your ideas!!

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 6:19am
post #3 of 3

Any gumpaste/sugarpaste decorations can be made *well* ahead of time. Weeks. Months, if necessary. Years, even.

When I make flowers ahead of time, I just nestle them in cotton balls in a tupperware container for long term storage. I have some gumpaste flowers that my grandmother made in the 70s probably that are still beautiful. Keep them out of the sun, however--sun can do serious damage to color.

Fondant stuff can be done well ahead of time, too. If you're making flowers and other decorative elements, you could certainly make them at least a week ahead of time.

A fondant covered cake can last several days, certainly. The fondant and buttercream underneath seal and preserve the cake nicely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%