Being A Cc Member - What It Means To Me! (Long)

Decorating By JanH Updated 21 Oct 2006 , 1:42pm by mlynnb

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 15

I feel so lucky to have found this site.

The talent and helpfullness of the majority of the members is very inspiring.

The picture galleries have sparked what little cake decorating creativy I possess.

The wealth of information available on decorating or any subject has been invaluable.

The moral support and encouragement offered to each other is touching.

The desire to improve our cake baking/decorating skills seems to be the basic reason this site exists.

I am happy for any and everyone who can challenge themselves to do more, be better and dream what can be, as a result of finding this board.

I wish all bakers/decorators everywhere the best icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
siris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siris Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 15

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, AND MORE DITTO..... thumbs_up.gif
NO NEED TO LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE, THIS SITE HAS EVERYTHING A CAKE DECORATOR EVER WANTS OR NEEDS icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 15

High 5 JanH, I couldn't have said it better myself icon_smile.gif I learn something new everyday and can only hope to be half as good as some of the talented decorators on this site some day.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 15

Same goes for me!! Thanks to all for the inspiration, comments and all the knowledge. We all know that it would take a few lifetimes to figure everything out in this "cake world", and it is right at our finger tips!!
And....
friends all over the world!!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 15

JanH, You are a prime example of why CC is what it is! Your post is awesome and I couldn't agree with you more.

Carol

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 15

Thank You so much for starting this post JanH!!!!

That is why I stop in everday to this site to learn and to try to help when ever I can !!
And yes like kettlevalleygirl said we get to meet people from all over the wrold !!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 15

Thank you Jan!!!! This is just the morale booster we need with all of the negativity lately here at CC. icon_cry.gificon_mad.gif We need to get these forums back to the wonderful place they have been before!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 11:27pm
post #8 of 15

I agree. This site is such a wealth of information. There are so many talented people here that are willing to share advice and help each other out. And believe me I need all the advice and help I can get icon_smile.gif What little advice I can offer about cakes isn't much but it's nice to help when I can. Although I have decided not to offer advice on personal matters anymore. I'm keeping it cakes and cookies icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 5:36am
post #9 of 15

Awww geee guys, you're making me blush icon_redface.gif

Thanks for your kind words.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 6:09am
post #10 of 15

JanH, there could have not been a better post on this date. You really hit the nail on the head! Point well taken and I happen to completely concur with your statement.

Nice way to end the day!!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 9:19am
post #11 of 15

ME too, ME too, Me too! Without this site I wouldn't have the courage to make cakes at all. This place has helped me to have faith in myself and to do more than I thought I could. Most of the people here are willing to help all us new decorators out without giving it a second thought.

DIVINECAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DIVINECAKES Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 9:56am
post #12 of 15

Same goes for me too, I've learnt a lot here and it has given me confidence to feel I can do some things even though I'm just a starter. To all you guys here I say merci beaucoup!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 10:41am
post #13 of 15

i have to agree with everyone.. cc is fantastic.

i know myself since finding cc i have learnt so much and have been inspired to go outside the box with my cake decorating.

so thanks all you wonderful talented cc'ers and thank you janH for starting this topic, as lately we all seem to have forgotten what this site is about.

kylie

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 1:36pm
post #14 of 15

Truer words have never been spoken (typed?). Thanks for reminding us what it is all about. thumbs_up.gif

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 1:42pm
post #15 of 15

I know I love this site! I completely agree with all of the sentiments expressed previously! In fact, I'm on here so much, my husband has been accusing me of having an affair with CC! LOL! Anyway, I'm so glad I stumbled across this site, it's awesome! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%