Strawberry Cake

Decorating By Sweetlady82 Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 8:27am by JanH

Sweetlady82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetlady82 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

im making a strawberry cake, its a box cake was thinking about adding lemonade kool aide packet to the mix , for a kinda strawberry lemonade flavor what do u guys think?? has anyone ever added koolaide mix to cake??

4 replies
BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 5

I've never tried adding Koolaide to my cake batter but I do add strawberry yogart with the fruit on the bottom to my strawberry cake batter.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 7:12am
post #3 of 5

Had to comment as I literally just pulled a strawberry cake from the oven! There's a VERY good recipe posted by Steady2hands for a Strawberry cake that starts with a white cake mix, 1 pkg strawberry jello, 4 eggs 3/4 C oil, 1/2 C water and 1/2 pink of strawberry puree! It tastes delicious! However, I had to bake it ALOT longer than the recipe called for....at 325 (2) 6" pans were in the oven over an hour and still gooey, and my oven temp was right on! So, I redid it and baked them at 350, still took a while, but it's delicious!

srmaxwell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srmaxwell Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 5

That strawberry cake recipe you just listed is the same one I use and people can not get enough of it. It is moist and absolutely fabulous!!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 8:27am
post #5 of 5

Expanded flavors WASC cake recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

Using unflavored Kool-Aid is probably better than using Jello (unless you adjust the sugar down).

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%