Skateboard Ramp Cake-Please Help!!!

Decorating By kayleesmom Updated 17 Jul 2005 , 3:03pm by KATE39

kayleesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayleesmom Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 7

icon_sad.gif I really need some help. My daughter wants a cake shaped like a half pipe (skateboard ramp). I have found 2 pictures on the net but unfortunately I have yet to find out how they did it. Does anyone know how to make this cake? Please help!! I will be forever grateful.

6 replies
beccal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccal Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 7

I think I would bake a couple 9x13 cakes and ice between them and stack them and then freeze them and carve the half pipe out. Maybe cover with fondant for a smooth look. Never made one, but this would be how I would go about it. icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 7

Could you post one of the pics?? Maybe we can figure it out!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 7

Here's a another pic

http://rebecca.hispeed.com/wedding/pics/groomscake.jpg

I think carving from sheet cakes is the way to go too. Make one for the base and then build up the sides by layering and carving another. This one looks like it's covered in fondant that's been airbrushed but I think you can get that "wood" look by marbelizing the fondant (kneading in a darker shade of brown).

kayleesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayleesmom Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 7

icon_smile.gif Thanks everyone. That is the exact picture I was wanting to go by. I will pass this information along to my sister in law. She was going to use one pan for the base and then possibly use a bread pan that measured the same width of the cake and stack on both ends to create the ramp but it wasn't curved. she tried to cut it but had some issue with crumbs in the icing so she was thinking about using rice paper. I greatly appreciate your suggestions. You are all so very nice and extremely helpful.

I will post a pic once it's done. Thanks again.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 7

IF YOU FREEZE THE CAKE AND THEN CUT IT, IT WOULD ELIMINATE SOME OF THE CRUMBS. HOPE TO SEE A PICTURE WHEN YOU ARE DONE.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%